First of all, some big news! We just announced our Bad on Paper fall live show tour dates!
I’m listing out the dates below but head over to the site to get your tickets! If you live in one of these cities, I’d love for you to come! We said this on the show this morning too, but you don’t have to be a regular listener to enjoy it. It’s really just a fun girls’ night out! So grab your tickets and bring all your girlfriends!!!
- 10/2: San Francisco – Cobb’s Comedy Club
- 10/16: Washington DC – City Winery
- 10/17: Philadelphia – The Punchline
- 10/23 – Atlanta – City Winery
- 11/1 – New York – Gramercy Theater (tickets going on sale SOON)
- 11/6 – Dallas – House of Blues
In today’s episode of the podcast, Becca and I go through our summer beauty routines. All the products we’re using and loving right now… changes we’ve made to our beauty routines, and so much more. I wanted to recap all of the products we talked about here though!
The Best New Beauty Products We’ve Tried This Summer.
- Dr. Bader Body Cream (link to blog post with more info)
- Beautypie Super Retinol Hand Cream (use code GRACESENTME for $50 extra allowance) // my absolute favorite hand cream ever. I have always had older looking hands and this makes a real difference!
- Kosas Tinted Face Oil (your perfect vacation foundation/dewy radiance with just a little bit of coverage)
- Revlon HD Shine Liquid Lipstick in She’s on Fire (the perfect red-orange!)
- Le Labo Shower Oil (the mandarin scent is amazing!!!)
- Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi Bronzing Drops (mix 1-2 drops in with your favorite moisturizer for the perfect sun kissed glow!)
- Herbivore Bakuchiol Plant-Based Retinol (full review of it in this blog post!)
- Vintner’s Daughter Serum
- Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream (my obsession too; see my blog post about it here!)
- Dr Bader Rich Cream – she’s not sold on it (I joked that I’m heartbroken that this is just evidence that not every product is for everyone!)
- BeautyPie Lipsticks (use code GRACESENTME for $50 extra allowance)
- Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Primer (my favorite as well, when we got our makeup done for the New York live show Cassandra got us both hooked!)
- Clark’s Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask
SPF + Self Tanning
- I’m still really liking the Beautycounter tinted SPF. Sunscreen is so tricky!!!
- Spray tans at Sweetheart Tan in Williamsburg (it’s organic!)
- I have been testing a lot of “clean” self-tanners with natural DHA. DHA (natural or chemical) isn’t great for you (read more about that here) but I like being tan so I’m doing my best to use the cleanest possible formulas. Coola Self Tanner was just medium… it left quite a few streaks. I like the Isle of Paradise gradual tanner much better. For face, I mix a few Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Drops in with moisturizer.
- Have been breaking out more than usual; got a facial at Christine Chin Spa – I see Coco!
- Sometimes I find I need a lighter moisturizer in this heat. I like Sisleyouth a lot as it sinks in immediately.
- TONER is essential. Acwell is my favorite.
- Face mists on my person at all times – the small size of the Caudalie beauty elixir is everything!
- She swears by Weleda Skin Food on heels. (I use this on my face and am going to have to try it!!)
- Keratin Treatment at Fekkai (blog post here)
- Living Proof Anti-Frizz Line – especially love the instant defrizzer spray!
- Summer hair routine: straighten my hair, ponytail, big earrings
- Bare nails; or Essie Mademoiselle
- Other colors I am medium on: Essie Geranium, Clambake, or Fiji!
- Very into light purple; otherwise shell pink or neutral.
Verrry Minimal Summer Makeup Routines!
- Right now I am using as little makeup as possible because I am melttttting! I love a spray tan/self tan bc you can get away with less makeup. If I have a faux tan I will just do a little tinted moisturizer, a tinted lip balm, brows (pencil + something to hold them in place), blush, mascara.
- Way more minimal. Wonderglow Primer and concealer. Then blush. Brows, Mascara, maybe a fun sheer lip. Very into anything that makes you look like you just had a popsicle.
- Like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina palette… the gold and rose gold are great to brush on with fingers!
- Byredo Sundazed
- Orange Blossom Oil (bought mine at a little pharmacy in Morocco)
- Orange Blossom Perfume from the Coqui Coqui in Mexico.
Hot Weather products/saviors.
- Favorite deodorants?
- Other products?
photography by Carter Fish.