There is one thing that has remained consistent about my style over the past 13 years of running this blog: I really, really love stripes. This season, there are so many good tees and sweaters. I thought I’d round up some of my favs.
Fall’s Best Stripes
I splurged on the Totême stripe turtleneck that everyone loves and ended up sending it back. I didn’t think it was that great (and you know I’m a big fan of that brand!!!) for the price. The fit felt off to me and the neck was oddly tight? I do have a big neck though, lolz. When this one from The Gap (pictured above) made the rounds, I ordered it and was surprised by how much I like it. I think the cotton fabric is probably more practical for Charleston too. Although I miss them, I just don’t need super warm sweaters anymore. The Gap is doing a really great job this year.
Also I have been really into everything COS. Their quality is fantastic and the prices are great: some favorites include this, this, this, and this! Zara is doing great too. I have and love this and am thinking about this.
- Heavy TeeI really love these heavy weight tees from COS. The fabric is almost like a polo shirt – the structure is really nice!Shop
- Cashmere HenleyYou know I love Naadam and I adore the henley silhouette on this one! Just a little bit different (while remaining classic)Shop
- Slouchy SweaterUnder $100Oversized and cool, for under $100! So into everything that COS is doing this fall.Shop
- Stripe TurtleneckThis is cozy and fun and one of my best sellers. It’s a great price, too!Shop
- Gap Oversized TurtleneckOne of my favorite purchases for Fall.. the proportions are just perfect.Shop
- Perfect BretonThis is the perfect Breton tee. Everything about it… the width of the stripes, the boatneck, ETC! I love it.Shop
- BoatneckOnly $25!Just perfect and classic and such a great price!Shop
- Faherty TeeClassic and easy – love the longer silhouette! Faherty’s cloud fabric is insanely soft.Shop
- Sweater PoloI love this cute little polo sweater. Feels very current and fresh as preppier pieces are so en vogue this season.Shop
- Cashmere StripesLove the contrasting sleeves and pockets!Shop
- Puff Sleeve Sweater$70For warmer days, nothing beats this chic puff sleeve sweater. I love the higher neckline too.Shop
- Oversized SweaterThis Samsoe Samsoe sweater is pretty much perfect. Love the more neutral palette.Shop
- Oversized TeeThis oversized tee is so chic and cool. I’d tuck it in or pair it with skinny pants or jeans.Shop
- Tan + BlackI love this slightly unexpected (but still neutral) stripe combination. I’d pair it with slim black pants.Shop
- Stripe SweaterLove the back!I love Alex Milland I love this sweater. The buttons down the back are just so charming.Shop
- Oversized Zara StripesHave and love this (I got the smaller size and it’s still pretty big). Perfectly swingy!Shop
- Stripe TeeOne of my favsThis is just the perfect easy t-shirt. I have this colorway but might grab it in more shades!Shop
- Zara SweaterSimple and elegant in a fun (but still classic) color combination.Shop
I would buy COS IF they sold in my size…know its sometimes “oversized” fit but even the large would not be a true US XL…makes me so sad. Hope someday they become more inclusive in sizing.
I know, I hope they expand their size range soon!
That Gap sweater has taken over my Instagram feed! I didn’t realize it was a cotton sweater! I’m a very particular sweater person because any wool or cashmere no matter how little is in it, makes me SO itchy. Have started to learn I have to seek out 100% cotton sweaters.
an indigo day
It is so good! Super cozy and not itchy at all.
I’m so glad you featured that Gap sweater! I’ve had it in my cart for a week now and seeing it on someone “in real life” is so helpful. Just purchased!
Speaking of stripes, I just placed my first AYR order after seeing them in your outfit diaries!
I will take stripes over florals any day! They are just so fresh and timeless. As far as turtlenecks go, I finally gave all of mine away. Southern winters rarely require them, but I kept one for that elusive snow day. So happy that it finally feels like fall!
Agree, the weather has been so refreshing. Except for the hurricane.
Wearing my favorite striped long-sleeve T as I type! Love all of these, also really like the cut of the pants you’re wearing in your photo! Would you mind sharing the style? (I can ID those fab Sarah Flint pumps on sight!)
Thanks for all you bring to the world Grace
Of course! They’re from Vince – https://bit.ly/3pafAuQ
Looks like they’re on sale right now!
The cashmere stripes link is to the incorrect item and I’m dying to know where I can get it! 😀
My apologies! Here is the correct link! https://bit.ly/3Sr7Wt5
Love this Gap sweater! And I’m so happy that it comes in blue… I’m thinking this will be perfect to wear to chilly UK football games! Do you mind sharing what size you are wearing? It says it’s an oversized fit, so I didn’t know if you’d recommend sizing down? I do love a looser fit.
Get your usual size – I’m wearing a medium!
Please stay safe Charleston.
perhaps you can do a “black pants in different styles and price points” post? i need to update my wardrobe for work, and want something professional, but also fun/stylish… aside from the standard a. taylor, i am struggling with where to look for work clothes ? thank you!
Thanks for the comment. Did you see my pants roundup? Several pairs of black pants are featured there. https://thestripe.com/fall-pants-denim-edit/
I don’t have the bandwidth to buy ($$) and shoot (time!) any more pants but there are several favorite pairs there. Pants are something you have to really try on here, I wouldn’t feel comfortable recommending other styles that I hadn’t already tried out.
And on the workwear front I did a big post about that too! (Since I dont’ go to an office every day I also linked to a bunch of creators with more office-appropriate style) https://thestripe.com/back-to-the-office/
Hope that these are helpful!
Love all of these! I’m also looking forward to the La Ligne drop at Target. More stripes galore!