Happy New Year, friends!
Today is the day! We are kicking off my Winter Wellness Challenge! You’ll see I’ve built a new little page which highlights all of my favorite fitness/wellness finds, and where you’ll be able to keep track of the weekly challenges + guest posts. The challenge is going to run today through the end of March. Three months of focusing on putting ourselves first.
How it will work/what to expect on the blog:
- Every Sunday morning (Monday this week), I am going to post a new challenge for us to incorporate into our week.
- Every Friday morning, I am going to post a check-in. I will report back on my own personal progress – the workouts I tried that week and how I did with the individual challenges. And then, in the comments section, I want YOU to weigh in on how you did. As a fun reward, I will pick the five most inspiring/entertaining/motivating comments from the week and send those 5 readers a little treat that I buy with my own money.
- The rest of the time, usual blog content will resume but in between, the challenge + check-in, I will have fun and inspiring afternoon guest posts for you from experts, fellow bloggers, and fit friends. The first one goes up this afternoon at 2pm EST so be sure to check back!
- Over on Instagram, share your progress (and how you’re participating in the challenge). Use #StripeWWC, and tag me in your photos and stories. I will repost my favorites to my story (and if you’re lucky maybe I’ll send you a little something in the mail!)
- Lots and lots of fun surprises! I mean…. all of this hard work should definitely not go rewarded. Besides the Friday treats that I’m sending out on my own, I have started reaching out to a few of my favorite brand partners to do giveaways here + on Instagram.
What this challenge is about:
+ Balance. I am not going to go all crazy on you here. If you love coffee, have it! If your treat at the end of the day is red wine, do that! This is about small changes and having a happier, healthier three months.
+ Being your best possible self. Each week’s challenges will incorporate both mind and body – we will work together to transform ourselves on the inside and also outside.
What this challenge is not about:
+ A complete overhaul / being perfect. I believe that the best changes are the little ones. By doing little things every week (and building upon them), you can create real change.
+ Me, preaching at you. I am NOT an expert, in fitness, or anything really. I am actually quite out of shape and spent most of December s-t-r-e-s-s-e-d. What brought about this challenge was when I vented my frustrations with myself on Instagram and you guys chimed in to say you were feeling the same. We’re in it together and the Friday posts are meant to keep us all on track and accountable.
Also! Please, please, feel free to use the Community Page to coordinate fitness meet-ups and/or find a workout buddy!
Without further adieu….
This Week’s Challenges:
- Get to the gym (or outside!) at least 3x between now (Monday) and Friday’s check-in!
- Buy an alarm clock for your bedroom and commit to sleeping with your phone in the other room.
- Stock your fridge with healthy groceries and commit to eating a healthy, protein-packed breakfast every morning this week. This sounds stupid, but over the holidays I would go straight to my desk and skip breakfast. My breakfast this week is Greek yogurt, fresh raspberries, and a little drizzle of honey.
- Try one thing that is brand new to you. Examples of this could be – visiting a salt cave, doing an infrared sauna treatment, or trying a workout class you’ve never done before like CORE or Orange Theory.
* Totally optional but.. take a before picture. This is totally optional as this challenge is not totally about weight loss (though I am hoping to tone up!!) Put on a sports bra and short shorts and snap yourself from the front and sides. I know, it sucks, especially when you aren’t feeling great but it will only motivate you along the way. My old trainer made me do this and I hated her for it in the beginning but the progress pics were what ultimately motivated me and kept me going. Throughout the 3 months, I will remind you when it’s time to take a progress pic.
And this is also totally optional but I wanted to share that I am doing a dry January this year. It’s my first one and I’m really looking forward to it as I overdid it with the wine and eggnog over the holidays. My body (my liver!) just needs a little reset! Wine has always been my “treat” so we will see how this goes!
photography by Trent Bailey.