Okay first things first. Can I just tell you how AMAZING all of your comments were on Friday’s check-in? You guys did so well with week one…. I was majorly inspired. We are kicking butt and I am so, so proud of us!
Keeping things brief…
This Week’s Challenge!
- Get to the gym four times between now and Friday’s check-in.
- Try something new (this is going to be an ongoing thing!) It can be a new class, a new wellness treatment, a new face mask… even a new recipe! Don’t stress. I love the conversation going on in the community page, you guys have had some great suggestions there.
- Try a new (filling, protein-packed) healthy breakfast, every day. I did greek yogurt last week, this week I am doing gluten-free toast with two eggs scrambled. YUM.
- Meditate every day. I want to say a full week, but today is Sunday and the check-in is on Friday so… the math doesn’t really work on that.
A little more about meditating. I know I mentioned it in my 2018 goals, but this is a big focus for me this year. I started meditating a few months ago and when I do it consistently, it’s life changing. It really helps me to look at my thoughts as just passing emotions, it relieves anxiety and stress, it helps me to be more focused the rest of the day… it just helps. I never, ever regret meditating. But I can (very easily) forget to do it… and once I forget, it’s harder to get back on track. So this week, my big focus is going to be trying to meditate consistently. Every day. No excuses.
They say it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. I have both Calm and Headspace. (And both offer free trials, so you can do your first week for free.) I like them both for different reasons. Calm has all this great music and bedtime stories, but for meditating alone, I prefer Andy’s voice on Headspace. I know it may be a little intimidating, but I promise you, it’s a game changer. And I think staying accountable to you guys is going to really help me stay on track for a full week. I hope you will give it a try with me!!!
* And if you need a refresher on how this all works, just refer to the first challenge! Basically, I give you a challenge every Sunday and every Friday we all report back for with how we did. This challenge isn’t about being a certain size or number on the scale. It’s about feeling our best, having more energy, and making little changes… TOGETHER! You can start at any time… each challenge builds upon the last but they aren’t so intense that you will miss out if you start late.