Charleston Apartment: The Guest Room
Having a second bedroom has been such a game-changer. It is of course so nice to have a separate room for guests, and it’s great having a designated work place (even though I end up working at the kitchen island half the time). In my old apartment, my computer and desk were in the middle of the living space which is fine but I like having it tucked away so that when I’m not working I am not thinking about work.
We had a lot of fun working on this room. I already knew that I really wanted this bed (I had wanted it back in Brooklyn for my bed but it didn’t work with the room), and Erin worked her magic – focusing the room on my Slim Aarons photo (I just love her), and giving the room a really fun, chic vibe. We used my existing nightstands (still available) from my Brooklyn apartment and I bought different nightstands for my room… I love how they look with these rattan lamps.
This room is eclectic and fun – without going overboard… I’m so happy with how it turned out.
Links to everything:
- Room & Board Architecture Bed
- Boll & Branch Signature Colorblock Duvet Set (gifted)
- The Inside Throw Pillows (gifted)
- Jonathan Adler Internet Famous Pillow (a snarky gift from my best friend)
- Slim Aarons Photograph
- West Elm Night Stands
- Erin Gates x Momeni Rug (gifted)
- The Inside Leopard Screen (gifted)
- Serena & Lily Rattan Lamps
- Vintage Yellow Stool (bought at Chairish)
- Framed Hunt Slonem Wallpaper (I had this framed back in New York, I forget the name of the store!)
- not pictured, but facing the bed: Pottery Barn Jute Mirror
- West Elm Desk
- Marcel Breuer Cesca Chair (mine is vintage via 1stDibs but you can buy a new replica here!)
Disclosure: If you buy something through my links, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. I only feature things I truly love here. Thanks for your support.
Photography by Margaret Wright.