I really love how my bedroom turned out. I am a big believer that your bedroom should be for sleep and relaxation. And after living in so many studio apartments in New York when I was younger (where your bedroom is also your office, your dining room, and your entertaining space), it still feels like a huge luxury to have a separate space just for sleeping (and reading!). I already had my bed and my dresser. We moved my nightstands to the guest room and I purchased new ones from CB2.
I was really uncertain about what should go over the bed and Erin suggested a giant statement mirror rather than art… I love how it looks. And of course, lots of art… we’ll get into that! Also, the green lamps really make the space so special. I was hesitant about them (they’re big and expensive) but am so happy I listened to Erin as they look so good (and, they add a pop of my favorite color).
PS – Yesterday’s post had a look at the rest of my space… and the guest room/office will be on the blog a little later this week.
Charleston Apartment – My Bedroom
Links to everything!
- Design Within Reach Bed
- gifted Boll & Branch Heritage Quilt Set
- gifted pillows from The Inside
- CB2 Nightstands (I love these – the drawer holds allllll my clutter and the shelf is great for books).
- Wisteria Home Mirror*
- Aerin Lamps
- gifted Erin Gates x Momeni Rug
*I linked to it but would not recommend ordering from this company. The mirror arrived super banged up… the box was falling apart and several of the prongs were out of place. There were also spots where the gold paint had rubbed off. I managed to move the prongs back with some pliers and gold paint pen remedied the problem and it looks great now (and I truly do love it) but I was really disappointed. It wasn’t cheap and it’s really, really heavy so would have been hard to mail back.
The dresser I’ve had forever, it was custom made when I lived with my ex (I’ve had it for at least ten years now, I don’t remember where we got it). The chair is an old family heirloom!
Art on this wall!
- Cherry Blossoms Painting: this is a limited edition signed print by Damien Hirst. I got targeted from an Instagram ad by Leviathan and was lucky enough to be able to snag one. I chose Courage.
- Striped bunnies (original) by Hunt Slonem. I purchased this from Liz Lidgett.
- Abstract cat (original) by Catherine Howe. I purchased this from Ober Gallery, it was the first original piece of art I ever bought and will always have a special place in my heart.
- Vintage WWII print – a family antique!
- Michelle Armas original painting (top). This was a gift from Michelle. You can order her paintings framed, which is really nice (the quality is great and she does fun acrylic frames).
- Catherine Howe original stretched silk monotype. I always get asked about the framing on this. I had the gallery where I bought the painting (Gold Scopophilia) handle the framing as the silk painting is super delicate… So I didn’t want to leave anything to chance. It is an acrylic frame (also covering the front, not just the sides).
- Antique mirror, a gift from my late grandmother.
This is my bathroom! Still adjusting to all this storage space – it is dangerous. Also don’t worry (I say don’t worry because people actually do!) my guest bathroom has a bathtub.
Disclosure: If you buy something through my links, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. I only feature things I truly love here. Thanks for your support.
Photography by Margaret Wright.