The holidays came early for me this year and I was able to partner with Zappos for a blogger to blogger gift exchange! Zappos has always been one of my favorite shopping destinations for holiday gifts (they have a huge product assortment so there is something for everyone, the customer service + return policy is amazing, and they ship SO quickly.) I was excited to see who I was paired up with (but a little bit nervous as I worried I’d get a blogger that I didn’t know very well), but as luck would have it, I got paired up with one of my good friends + fellow bloggers… Molly Miller of A Piece of Toast!
Molly and I have been friends for years (and before we were even friends, I read her blog religiously) despite her being based in Dallas, TX. She is one of the most hard working and dedicated people in the biz, so it was an honor to be paired with her. Annnd lucky for us, we’d just seen each other a few weeks ago at this event, so I already had a few gift ideas brewing (though I knew I needed to bring my A-game… if you read her blog, you already know that she has amazing taste.) Molly and her sister Sally always feature the best new discoveries on their site, and Molly and I have very similar fashion + shopping philosophies… we’ll splurge on an investment piece here and there but otherwise mix and match affordable + mid-range pieces.
I spent quite a bit of time on the Zappos site, agonizing over their gift guide, and stalking Molly’s blog + insta account… ultimately deciding upon a mix of practical things I knew she needed, along with some fun add-in items. You can visit Molly’s post from yesterday to see what I got her… I don’t want to spoil it (and she looks so cute!)
In the meantime, let’s be real: half of the fun was opening up my gift from Molly! She knows me well and did such a great job… getting me a bunch of things I both needed and wanted.
- Pendleton Throw Blanket (worn above, as a scarf): I had mentioned my recent trip to Portland to Molly, and the vintage Pendleton shirt I’d bought. I’d also whined about how hard it is to find a good blanket scarf… all the good ones sold out immediately. She smartly picked out this amazingly cozy throw which is equally at home on my couch or wrapped around my neck. (I also styled it on my Instagram, here!)
- Pendleton Flask: Molly knows me well and we’ve definitely bonded over (sometimes a few too many) cocktails. So I laughed seeing that she took the Pendleton theme to another level with this flask. But all kidding aside, the flask is really beautiful. I love the debossed leather and the pattern… and believe it or not, I’ve actually never owned a flask before!
- Scotch & Soda Beanie: Funny enough, Molly and I both gifted each other beanies. Great minds think alike, I guess! I love this one… the heather gray color is great and it’s so so warm. I might quite possibly have 1,000,000 beanies but this one is a definite new fave!
- Fingerless Cat Gloves (not pictured): This is why I love Molly so much. We both are a little bit obsessed with our pets… me with Tyrion, and her with her dog, Blue. He is such a cutie! So Molly knows how much I appreciate any and all cat memorabilia and I loved opening these up!
- Cozy Socks (not pictured): I’m always traveling, and always cold. These were an especially thoughtful gift as they fit both needs… I can toss ’em in my travel bag and always have warm cozy feet on the plane (and at security – hate walking through barefoot!)
photography by Lydia Hudgens.
*This post was created in partnership with Zappos.