Hello, weekend! This week was really, really nice. I had a few plans, but did a better job managing my time and felt a lot more relaxed as a result. This weekend is pretty laid back too! I had a family dinner last night, and have a birthday party for one of my best guy pals today. Other than that: a few workout classes, kitty snuggles, and probably reading at least one book. (Did you catch my August reading list, BTW? I read a lot last month!!) Whatever you’re up to, I hope it’s fab. Stay cool – and dry – it’s supposed to be a hot rainy weekend.. oof!
On my Radar: New York
You guys, I finally tried Frosé (you know… the rosé slushy everyone is obsessing over) and it was incredible! Bar Primi in Nolita is the place to go for this.
On my Radar: National
If you love trying new organic nut milks as I do, you will LOVE MALK Organics. In full disclosure, they sent over a few bottles but I am already scrambling to figure out how to get more. I love the Cold Brew with Pecan Milk and the Vanilla Almond Milk. Luckily, they sell it at Whole Foods as well as several other places around the country.
I am currently having a love affair with the Quartz App. I don’t have cable and I get distracted when I try to read the news online, so this is perfect for me. The interface feels like texting, and it texts you bits of news… you tell it whether you want to hear more and it either elaborates or tells you about something else. It’s a bit like texting with your well-informed friend.
Favorite things from the week:
* The prettiest little outdoor soiree… Cass is giving me m a j o r rooftop envy!
* Have you heard of Yogasmoga? They have such cute workout gear. I ordered this mesh top and think it will be great for everyday wear too. Slowly embracing the whole “athliesure” thing..
* How fun is this round beach towel?
* A good read: Are you happy?
* This off-the-shoulder dress looks like it’s from Tibi – but it’s only $80!
* Mackenzie’s wish list is spot on. So many pretty things!
* The sweetest little black dress. Loving all things Joie, per usual.
* Now thissss is a cooking show I’ll watch!
* Made me LOL… when Olympic stars look like p*rn stars.
* This handbag designer is new to me… but I love her stuff. This crossbody is so pretty.
* Carly’s dress is covered in popsicles. Does it get any better than that?
* This makeup palette will probably change your life. It’s like the Photoshop blur feature, IRL.
* A fun feature on one of my favorite jewelry designers.
* Ever since Kelly returned from France sporting a silky bandana, I have wanted one too. I scooped up this one at Intermix and it’s perfect!
* Jean Godfrey June (I’ve listened to her beauty advice for as long as I’ve been able to wear makeup) spills her beauty uniform.
* I don’t wear a lot of rompers but I just LOVE this striped one!
* I really loved how Caroline dressed down a striped dress. Might need to copy this casual look!
* Hooray! This Rebecca Taylor dress finally went on sale.
* Chassity looks so cozy in this comfy Fall look. Love her Vince sweater!
* This necklace is the perfect piece of summer jewelry. Lightweight, simple, chic… no fuss!
* I had fun reading Julia’s Q&A Post. Thinking maybe I will do one too – should I?
* I loved Liz’s white + blush look. (And so jealous that she’s in Charleston!!)
* Last but not least – this dress is covered in tassels. Pretty sure I need it.
The link of the Olympic stars that look like… (I’m curious, I admit) leads to a Man Repeller page with no article! Now I’m even more curious…
Ack – so sorry about that!!! Here is the proper link: https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/porn-that-isnt-porn-that-is-actually-diving
Yes to the Q&A post! And I read that article on happiness yesterday and it was so, so good. Have a great weekend, Grace 🙂
Ahh I need to get myself out to the city to try that Frose! Seriously craving it now 🙂
Yes would love to read your Q&A!
Great article on Happiness!
And love the Popsicle dress!
I look forward to reading this post every weekend. The handbag designer link leads to a pair of jewelry– curious to see the crossbody.
So sorry! Clearly I wrote this late at night!!! It’s this bag, by KARA! https://api.shopstyle.com/action/apiVisitRetailer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.shopbop.com%2Ftie-crossbody-bag-kara%2Fvp%2Fv%3D1%2F1587154695.htm&pid=uid7025-504705-83
Yes please, do a Q & A post!
I always enjoy your weekend reads, Grace!
You should def do a Q&A! 🙂