Happy weekend. I’m in Connecticut for a good friend’s wedding. We are staying at the cutest little inn in Essex, Connecticut and I’ve completely fallen in love with the town. It feels like we are hours and hours away from the city, but it’s only a quick(ish) train ride away. It’s a little bit hilarious/terrifying… I’m only in New York mayyyybe six full days this month. I’m not complaining, but my apartment’s a bit of a wreck and I’m getting incredibly good at getting my work done on the go. Poor Tyrion. He’s either being schlepped along with me, hanging out at my sister’s place in Brooklyn, or stuck at home, with daily visits from his sitter. Luckily he’s a little bit obsessed with her. But I digress: whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope it’s fab!
PS – You might have noticed, but I finally got my email newsletter set up. You can sign up by clicking the “Subscribe” button in the navigation above.
*Some good advice on preventing burnout at work. I’ve read a lot of guides/posts about this particular topic and thought the advice here was very good.
* I get so many compliments on my Stuart Weitzman over the knee boots. Sam Edleman has a very similar version, which is on sale right now at Nordstrom. I know it’s too hot to even think about boots, but the price is right.
* Jess celebrated two years of blogging, with a fun giveaway.
* An ultra mod cold shoulder shift dress, on sale!
* Sam gave her site a gorgeous new redesign.
* This post, from Felicia, is a must-read. I’ve loved following her journey over the past couple years. She never fails to inspire me, but especially so here.
* My favorite new Instagram. I want to be friends with him as I can sooo relate.
* Some (really helpful, I thought… but then again I am kinda bad at it!) Snapchat Secrets!
* Anyone else really excited about Madewell + Sézane’s second collab?
* The coolest tassel bib necklace.
* Loving this look on Briony… her blog is one of my favorites and she is just the cutest!
* Seeing that I can barely do a pushup, I’m considering doing Refinery 29’s 30 Day Pushup Challenge.
* The most chic espadrille flats, possibly ever. Love everything about these.
* I bookmarked Molly & Sally’s Napa Recommendations as I’m headed their in August.
image: Death to the Stock Photo