Hi + happy weekend! I hope you had a great fourth of July. I had a pretty low key day. I went to Soul Cycle with a girlfriend, took a nap, got some work done, and then went to Brooklyn for dinner with my sister and her husband. No fireworks, but hoping to catch some while I’m home on Cape Cod next week. And on that note, I cannot wait to be home for an entire week… it’s going to be so nice! It felt a little weird staying in the city for the fourth of July, but in hindsight I am glad I did… it’s given me a chance to get organized + prepare for the rest of the month’s travel. But anyway… without further adieu, some favorite things from this week! Oh and thank you all for your comments on this post. I can’t even begin to tell you how much they helped get me out of my lonely/sad mindset.
* Looking for a funny beach read? Here’s a good list of funny books by women… I’ve read about half of them, and plan to try and read the rest of them this summer.
* As a chronic over-apologizer, I loved this essay (by one of my favorite writers.) Let’s stop apologizing so much, shall we?
* I loved Caroline’s Tulum snaps… (and I want to go back… have been twice now but have yet to swim in a Cenote!)
* This DIY Rope bag is positively b-a-n-a-n-a-s. I’m obsessed.
* Have you started reading Mimi? It’s Time Inc’s new beauty site… one of my girlfriends told me about it. I haven’t been reading for very long, but I’m liking it so far.
* Loved this interview // learning more about one of my absolute favorite natural beauty brands!
* The perfect bold blue heels.
* This Real New York Subway Map is pretty genius/hilarious.
* Six years ago, I was in between jobs and spent two weeks in Greece. It was my favorite trip… ever. Seeing Julia’s Santorini post brought back happy memories… I also love her pretty blue & white dress!
* And at the totally other end of the spectrum (via Felicia) why “Don’t Worry About Money, Just Travel!” is terrible advice! To be honest, sometimes I’m really glad that I didn’t read blogs or have Instagram when I was in my early twenties. For these exact reasons.
* Last but not least: I’m completely obsessed with this dress; but have nowhere fabulous enough to wear it to.