Hello and happy weekend + greetings from the Dominican Republic. I’m down here through Tuesday for a project with JetBlue + some fun girl time with my cousin Sarah. I mentioned it in Wednesday’s post but I was actually really sick this week, with a horrible summer cold. It was one of those things where I thought it was allergies, so I took Zyrtec, only to have it not help in the least bit, and by then it was a full “help me, I can’t breathe” sort of cold. I spent Wednesday more or less in bed and was feeling good enough to go to work by Thursday but yuck… it really sucked! I’m just glad I recovered quickly enough to be able to go on this trip.
* If you live in New York, you should probaby bookmark this: How to Get Free Wine.
* Also for the New York set… an oyster bar on a boat? I need to go, immediately.
* I picked up this cute fit & flare floral dress at Nordstrom. I love the cut and it will look so cute under a denim jacket. Also, it was on sale!
* Did you see the Mockingjay, Part Two Trailer? I am so. excited.
* Jess looks so cute in this green dress, and she makes me want to rent a boat in Central Park. My summer to-do list just keeps getting longer!
* How darling (see what I did there?) does Mackenzie look in her pink drop waist dress? I loved this look on her.
* I loved this little beauty post from Molly… she always finds the best stuff. While I was in Dallas, she was singing Mary Kay’s praises and I tried a few of her favorites. I need to try that lip balm, pronto.
* The coolest series of window-seat inspired paintings.
* I loved this article about the rise of social-media savvy illustrators. (…was so excited to see so many of my friends included in the piece!)
* I’m a sucker for all of the blue + white things, so of course I adore this coverup.
* Look what Chassity did to her front door! I got to see her home when I visited her last October, and her porch is just the best. That swing! Makes me want a house…
* I loved this post from Hallie, and hearing about her first internship in the city.
* This striped dress, tho…
* I thought this was interesting… the most popular emojis on Instagram… (I was happy to see that the crying laughing one made the top 5!)