Happy weekend! This week was jam packed, I had events every single night, and in between got a ton of work done and had a few fun photo shoots. I’m really excited as I booked a flight home for July… I’m actually going to be on the Cape for most of the month, which will be really nice. I’ve never left the city for that long and feel so fortunate that I am now able to do my job from anywhere. (Tyrion is coming too… he loves my parents’ house – and terrorizing their cat.) This weekend is going to be spent getting organized (my apartment is a complete and utter wreck), and then going out to Connecticut for the day on Sunday to spend time with my family for my youngest sister’s birthday. Anyyyway – I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and here are my favorite things from the week!
* I read this post three times. Three! Titled, “How to Ruin Your Life (Without Even Noticing That You Are),” it explores living life on your own terms and all the things we shouldn’t do (settling for the wrong person, comparing ourselves to others, and so on and so forth.) Please read it, it’s just such a good one!
* I’m having strong feelings toward this blue + white striped off the shoulder dress. It’s so sweet and a great price, too!
* I love the pale peach color + lace detailing on this little twinset. So feminine!
* A few weeks back, Alicia wore the cutest Reformation dress in her post from Puerto Rico. I loved it, and was excited to see that Geneva posted a really creative DIY that takes a skirt + transforms it into something very similar. I am not so good at sewing, and I’m not entirely sure I could pull the dress off, but I love what she did.
* I loved Amber’s feature on the Coveteur. In between all the gorgeous closet porn, she dishes out some great career advice, too. It’s really amazing what her + her husband Baxter have built over the past few years and I really loved hearing a bit more about how they work together.
* I’ve never been to Alaska, but would love to go someday. Carly’s recap of her trip was really fun to read!
* Ever dream of just dropping everything and traveling around the world? This girl did just that, turning a 3 month sabbatical into seven years of globe trotting. Victoria sent me this one, which inspired major envy… and I found a new fave travel blog!
* The cutest summer sandals (in a fun black + white print) for under $100.
* Liz rounded up the prettiest summer must-haves!
* Last but not least, the dreamiest skirt. Makes me remember why I love Rebecca Taylor’s designs so much!