Hellooo + happy (long) weekend! I don’t have much planned. Part of me is distraught over that and feels like I should have something fabulous and wonderful planned for the long weekend. The other part of me is psyched. Time to exercise, casually hang with friends, get caught up on work + chores, all that. So I definitely have mixed feelings, especially as I look at Instagram and see all of my friends having fun in Montauk + the Hamptons. Next year I will be more organized. This week was a busy one and yesterday I had three different photo shoots, so by the end of the day I was happy to just collapse into the couch with a glass of rosé and my laptop.
* If you read here regularly, then you know about my quest for perfect brows. This feature had a slew of tips + tricks + good advice. (I got mine tinted at Benefit this week and love how they turned out.)
* These are just the prettiest earrings… I can’t stop thinking about them!
* Yum – a margarita recipe that I can’t wait to try out.
* While I’m staying put this Memorial Day, I’m jealous of Bradley’s Mexico Packing List. So many gorgeous finds!. Also, I wish I were going to Mexico.
* I really loved this interview with Matthew Weiner (the creator of Mad Men). It gave a lot of insight into the finale + clears things up. I still can’t believe it’s over!!
* Everlane has come out with slub knit tees! Their tees are my favorite and these look SO comfy.
* Maybe it’s me but lately it feels like everyone’s leaving New York. And penning “Leaving New York” essays. While I can certainly relate at times (um hi, this), this post, titled “Why I’m Staying in New York Until I Die” was a refreshing read.
* Striped + off the shoulder (and under $100!) Gimme this fun little dress.
* Did you see the cute tote that Molly + Sally designed? Nicely done, girls!
* If guy best friends vacationed like girl best friends… this made me giggle!
* This also made me laugh… would you rock a Mewgaroo? (It’s a little bit disturbing how many friends sent me this – am I really that bad? Yes, I am.)
* A simple lace sheath… with the coolest back!
* For the bloggers + freelancers in the house… I found myself shaking my head “YES!” while reading this piece with regard to talking about money. Felicia said it best, “If I’ve learned anything in the past two years, it’s this: be open. Talk to everyone–from seasoned executives to junior talent just starting out. Talk to smart people and hear what they have to say. Ask them questions about money and be willing to share your own experiences because in the end we all want fair compensation for the work we do”