Annnnd, weekend. One of my best friends in the entire world (Aly) was in town for only 24 hours so I’ve been spending time with her which is why this post is up a little late. On Friday night I had eight friends pile into my teensy tiny studio for dinner. I made an easy salad and simple steaks, and we sat for hours… laughing, catching up, drinking wine (I was a little shocked when I cleaned up this morning and realized how many bottles we went through… oops!) Those are my favorite nights… sitting on the floor around my coffee table with great people and good food. Tonight, the guy I’ve been seeing and I are going to Cafe Colette (dinner) and Hotel Delmano (drinks) in Williamsburg. Such a fun weekend.
* My heart broke for the city of Charleston (and our country) this week. I don’t know what else to say besides that… and I thought Jon Stewart’s monologue was perfect. If you haven’t, watch the video here.
* This white tank is covered in pom poms! So fun.
* The perfect date-night dress (for only $68) I love the pretty shade of blue + the scalloped hems.
* Holy sh*t… this is so true. Seriously good advice when it comes to finding your focus.
* You know by now that I have a huge, huge thing for little white dresses. I loved this one on Jessica… and couldn’t believe what a great price it was.
* How good is this bracelet? I have a thing for unicorns and this is made out of seven gold unicorns, strung together.
* I’m crushing hard on this navy + white striped maxi dress.
* So this is really cool… a DIY paper basket; with leather handles!
* Aly’s steak recipe looks so yummy! Must make this immediately.
* This embroidered shift dress is positively exquisite. I love all the details!
* For the New Yorkers in the house… the best rooftop date spots…
* I loved Sally’s all white look… her eyelet top is gorgeous!
* Carly makes me want to go strawberry picking.
* And on the interiors front, I want to move here… Mackenzie’s Nantucket dream home is incredible!
* Last but not least, I had a little time to kill on Friday and wandered into Club Monaco. Their new arrivals are amazing. So much blue & white. I personally adore this chambray dress + this white lace dress.
photo: Death to the Stock Photo