This was a fun + productive week. I was lucky enough to be invited to People + Entertainment Weekly’s Upfronts party (with Nexxus) on Monday night and it was like something from a dream. So many celebrities, everywhere. (And this happened!) Other than that, I got a lot of work done, attended a few more events + previews, and so on and so forth. Oh – and last night had the most delicious Mexican food at Rosie’s over on 2nd Ave. NYC friends – go!!! This weekend will be low key. I don’t have much planned besides a few exercise classes and going to see Pitch Perfect 2 with one of my girlfriends tonight. Yes, I am serious, no I am not twelve. Anyway… these are my favorite things from the week… whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope it’s great!
* I did a fun interview with NYDJ. We talked about my ideal day (what a fun question), learning to dress your body type, the easiest way to feel pulled together, and (obviously!) denim!
* If Self Portrait + SEA (two of my favorite designers) had a (more affordable) baby, it would be Saylor. I don’t know how I only just found it, but I’m newly hooked. I ordered this lace dress (perfect for summer weddings) and this top (love the back)!
* This interview with Bobbi Brown was one of the best things I read all week. Her ideal food day is pretty much identical to mine (#allofthebread), and I loved her thoughts on why she hates contouring.
* LOVE the pom pom detailing on this affordable sundress.
* My mind was blown by this genius travel hack.
* Also on the travel front (this is old, but new to me), I thought that this guide, titled “Where to Go, When” was so helpful! It tells you the best places to visit by month. Istanbul has been on my list forever, apparently it’s one of the best places to visit in May… hmmm… 😉
* Did you see Reese Witherspoon’s new website? It’s pretty cute and loaded with preppy Southern-inspired goodies.. I want it all!
* So, drinking charcoal is now a thing. Have you tried it? Would you try it? This article makes an interesting case for it.
* Every summer I look for that comfortable pair of sandals that will go with everything (running around the city, out at night, etc.) This pair from J.Crew is it, I think. The heel is high enough to lengthen your legs, but low enough to wear all day. I ordered them and will report back! I’ve also been wearing these everywhere. They’re so comfy + a great price.
* The cutest off the shoulder top… for under $40!
* This made me giggle… Death to the Maxi Dress! (There are exceptions of course, but as a general rule I don’t look great in maxi dresses.)
* Major topknot inspiration.
* Currently in my shopping cart: the perfect lightweight striped sweater for summer.
* A helpful list of ingredients to avoid in your makeup + skincare products. This one’s worth bookmarking!
* Last but not least… I don’t usually choose low-cut pieces, but how gorgeous is this cobalt dress? I love the cut + the pom pom details + trim. I don’t know how it will look on me, but I ordered it anyway.