Well, this was a rather eventful week! I launched the new site (thank you for your comments and sweet words, I couldn’t be more excited about this new direction for the blog!)
I am so beyond excited… elated… to have a long weekend (they surprised us at work which was kind of the most amazing thing ever… prior to this year we hadn’t had it off) and so I have declared Monday a (more or less) work-free day of relaxation and pampering (booked myself a facial and a massage… YAS.) Whatever you are up to, I hope it’s wonderful. And seriously, thank you for the kind words this week. It meant the world, and I couldn’t have hoped for a more positive response to the new site. (On that note, there are some fresh new Stripe Finds over on the homepage.. I added a really good book and my favorite coconut oil.)
Without further adieu – the things I loved this week!
* How to layer your delicate pendants!
* Speaking of jewelry, Hitha always has the best packing tips… here, she gives some super smart tips on how to pack your jewelry! No more tangled necklaces or missing earrings.
* This week I realized that most of my tights and leggings had holes in them. #fail. I ordered four pairs of these tights and two pairs of leggings. You wouldn’t necessarily think of Express when it comes to basics, but I swear by their tights and leggings… the tights are the best tights I’ve ever tried (better than all the expensive brands, i.e. Wolford, etc.)
* I bookmarked this post… your snow day workout! Because even when it isn’t snowing, it’s been frrrreezing in New York (making me really unmotivated when it comes to getting to the gym.) An added benefit: working out at home will save you some money!
* Three little words for you: Little. Striped. Dress. I’d call it an LSD, but that would be weird. I ordered this one (half off, but still a splurge) and am also loving this one. I mean, I need them all, right? It’s called being on brand.
* Anyone else super excited for House of Cards to come back on February 27th? The trailer is a good one (and to use Refinery’s word for it… looks rather ominous.)
* Loved this look so much on Merritt. And she looks absolutely radiant in these photos. (Merritt – I love your hair and want that top!)
* My friend Hallie sent me this piece, and I thought it was an interesting read. Titled, “To Fall in Love With Anyone, Do This,” it made me think about the questions we ask each other on dates; and what would happen if we all gave compliments a bit more liberally! A great read – single or taken. And at Hallie’s urging, next week I will be answering a few of their questions here.
* I don’t know about you guys but I just have too much stuff. It’s a constant struggle. It feels like I am constantly taking things to Goodwill, filling up bags of stuff to sell on Thredup, and so on and so forth. No matter what I do, the clutter remains. This article inspired me to take my closet purge to the next level… (And to order this book! Over 2 million copies have been sold, how had I not already heard of it?!)
* Liz always puts together the most gorgeous shopping roundups. And everything in this one is under $100! So. good.
* And on that affordable note, these wedge booties are under $100 and would be pretty perfect with skinny jeans and a flannel.
* Got a blog? This one’s for you. The B Bar polled several bloggers on the subject of how they grew their blogs and I think the resulting post is very helpful!
Also I’d be totally remiss if I didn’t point out…
My favorite MLK Sales!
- Ann Taylor is offering 40% off regular priced merch, and 60% off sale styles! I love this jacket (hello faux fur) and this dress. Also, one of my favorite dresses is on sale. Use Code SHOPBIG.
- BaubleBar is having a tiered sale. Take 15% off sitewide with code STASH15, take 25% off 2 items with code STASH25, and take 30% off 3+ items with code STASH30! I love all the evil eyes!
- J.Crew is offering an extra 40% off sale styles with code SHOPNOW. I’ve had my eye on these cashmere stripes forever and also really love these sandals and this “dazzling” sweater. Lastly, if you need a great classic black bag, this one is really nice.
- Net-a-Porter is offering an additional 20% off of sale styles with code 20SALE. There are so many good things in the sale… many of which they only have one or two sizes… so search by your size and snap up some good deals!