So, maybe “surviving” isn’t the right word, but you know what I mean. I don’t take time off from my day job but find myself scampering from morning event to work to lunchtime event to after work party or dinner… and I’m planning on hitting up a few of my favorite shows on Friday + Saturday. So I end up just a little bit tired, to say the least. Alas, as tired as I might end up, it’s so much fun… so it’s totally worth it. I always end fashion week so much more inspired than when I started, and I love getting to see all of my out of town friends!
I always find that for any potentially stressful time, staying impossibly organized helps a lot. I spent most of yesterday cleaning my apartment and getting organized, and feel pretty good about that. The next step was to get all my essentials in one place… that way I’m never without any of my necessities! Today I rounded up a few of my fashion week must-haves… the products that get you through even the longest of days!
- Truffle Clarity Clutch. I don’t leave home without this little guy. It fits inside most of my handbags, and I keep it packed full of all my essentials (most of the things you see in this post), bandaids, + no fewer than three red lipsticks and of course… some Advil. I love the design of this little clutch, and most importantly I can see all my stuff!
- I am never, ever without bobbi pins or clear elastics. I always find myself changing my hair… sometimes out of boredom, sometimes out of necessity (oooph, this horrible NYC humidity!) I’ve been known to pull up a Youtube tutorial while in a cab, and having these guys on hand ensures that I can change my hair on a whim… or just do something a little more chic than a messy ponytail if I find my blow out falling flat.
- Benefit Fine One One. This is cream blush-highlighter hybrid the ultimate multi tasker, and is especially wonderful when you’ve had a long day and need a little glow. The peach + pink shades blend together to create a healthy flush, and the top part (highlighter) gives you the loveliest natural shine. And because it’s so easy to use, you can easily apply it in the back of a cab in a pinch.
- Santal 33 Perfume Oil. Le Labo’s Santal 33 is my signature fragrance, and I keep the perfume oil in my pouch for touch-ups. The petite size makes it easy to take it everywhere, and I worry about it breaking and spilling less than if I were to bring my regular fragrance bottle along.
- Dry Shampoo is a must. It’s amazing for obvious reasons (humidity, limp hair, the general fact that I don’t wash my hair very often) but it also acts as a wonderful styling aid. I love that this guy comes in a nice little travel size, so it also fits inside my Truffle Clutch.
- Eye cream is an obvious necessity during fashion week (duh) and I love the petite shape of this one (it also works wonders, it’s extra soothing + the Vitamin C brightens up dark circles.)
- SK-II masks are a gift from the heavens. That’s a big statement, but I stand behind it. I’ve never encountered a treatment that works quite as well as these do. Both products completely change the look + feel of your skin. The eye mask instantly erases any signs of too much partying, and the facial treatment mask immediately plumps up your skin and gives it a perfect glow. If I had my way (and unlimited funds) I would use it every single night, and I’d glow my way right through fashion week. Seriously, the best. A splurge, yes… but a worthy one.
- This is somewhat embarrassing to admit, but the Tide Pen might be my #1 fashion week necessity. I love to wear white, and I find myself a bit prone to spills. This little $2.99 wonder saves my life, time and time again.
- Especially after a bad cold, I make sure I always have Emergen-C in my purse. The vitamin C ensures you don’t get a bad cold, and it gives you a nice burst of energy. I love the raspberry flavor, and in a pinch have been known to dump a packet into my vodka soda. Now that’s multi-tasking, right?
- Blueprint Cleanse Lemonade. This is the yummiest, + also keeps me hydrated. I love the green juice as well… when I’m on the go I don’t always have time for a proper meal… (I have a bad habit of living of appetizers + cocktails in the evenings) so at least the green juice ensures I get my nutrients in!