I feel like a broken record saying it, but it has been one hot summer in Manhattan. My typical routine is to get up, head to the gym around 8, and then to work around 9:30. By the time I get into work, I’m channeling the Wicked Witch… meeelllttting!!!
There are however, a few beauty products helping to get me through the insane temps. Here they are.
1) BUXOM big & healthy lipstick in Amsterdam has become a favorite. A great rosy nude. It stays put (no melting) and is pretty much the exact same shade as my natural lip color. Me, but better.
2) Caudalie Eau de Beaute is my new favorite thing. It’s kind of like a spa in a bottle. I keep it at my desk and mist my face when I’m hot/tired/whatevs. The brand’s twitter personality suggested spritzing the back of your neck. Amazeballs
3) NARS lipstick in Niagara is my late afternoon/evening shade. It’s part nude, part bright. I know – doesn’t really make much sense, but it’s pure awesomeness and 100% universally flattering.
4) Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion has been my go-to lotion this summer. It’s lightweight, smells amazing, and has SPF! (Let’s be honest… the killer packaging also helps.)
5) Leonor Greyl’s Huile de Palme is single-handedly saving my strands. The sun, the pool, the salt water… yikes. This stuff is life-changingly good. Better than Moroccan Oil, dare I say! If your hair errs on the thick and/or dry side, you need this product.