Today we’re talking about Spring lingerie… with little white dresses, white jeans, and short skirts right around the corner I thought it might be helpful to compile my favorites (as well as some tips and tricks for avoiding wardrobe malfunctions (and taking the best possible care of your underthings!)
- A nude bra is certainly not anything exciting, but when you’re wearing sheer tops and tight tees, you need it. I tell every girl I know to buy this t-shirt bra. It’s so pretty, so supportive, and comes in a million gorgeous colors. I have two nude ones and a slew of different colors. I’ve never found a bra that I like so much as this one.
- The biggest game changer when it comes to Spring + Summer dressing came when one of my girlfriends told me that I should be wearing a slip under all of my silk or clingy/unlined dresses. It changed everything. When you sit down and you’re hot, your legs cling to your slip – not your dress. This one, from Commando, is a must-have (I have it in nude + black) but I am contemplating buying this much prettier version.. in the event that the lace peeked out from under your dress, it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.
- Also on the game changing front is this bra. Suddenly you can wear everything. Strapless, backless, and so on and so forth. It really does stay up!
- Nude underwear (I love these boy shorts or these thongs) is a must. I always avoided it in the past, going for light pink or white, but nude is the only thing that doesn’t show through little white dresses and even white jeans. Take it from someone who’s been asked by her coworkers… “Are you wearing blue underwear today??“
- I love, love, love a good lace bralette. I tend to go for something a little more supportive unless I’m hanging out at home (so this one or this one are both great options.) They look so pretty peeking out from under a camisole or sundress.
- Take good care of your lingerie! My most favorite, delicate pieces get washed in the sink with lingerie wash… everything else goes in lingerie bags. It really makes a difference and extends the life of your lacy things. I love the scent of lavender so I keep pretty sachets like this one in my drawers.
- Invest in double sided tape. You never know when you’ll need it. I use mine for wrap dresses to keep them from showing too much cleavage… but there are so many other times that it will come in handy!
- This is such a practical post. All that nude lingerie needs something a little more fun to offset it. I love, love, love this set (bra + thong) from L’Agent by Agent Provacateur.
Thank you to Nordstrom for partnering on this post!