I often joke that I can do anything as long as I have lip balm, gum, and a hair tie with me. Anything. But if I don’t have those three things… I feel a little stressed! When I got Cuyana’s set of travel cases last month, I realized that the smaller one fit inside most of my purses. I decided to make it my “necessities pouch,” (and yes there is gum in there too but they didn’t make the photograph). That way, no matter how frequently I swap handbags, I never forget something important. These are the things that are always always in my purse… my everyday necessities, if you will!
* Caudalie Beauty Elixir is a long-time favorite beauty treat of mine. I carry the travel size bottle with me everywhere and mist it on anytime I need a little pick-me-up. It smells so good and immediately gives your skin a little boost!
* Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid in “Orange Obsession” is the perfect (matte!) red-orange lip color. I always have red lipstick with me (and I prefer a red-orange to a classic red) because you never know what kind of turn your day is going to take, and a bright lip is the quickest way to look your best. I really love this formula. It’s velvety and smooth and completely non-drying.
* Oribe Hair Pin (and hair elastics) I always have at least two or three hair ties with me, but Oribe sent me this hair pin for Christmas and it instantly became a favorite thing. I can pull my hair up high and into a twist… or gather it at the nape of my neck in a loose chignon. Just stab it with the pin, and it stays up and off my face (but it’s a bit more chic than my standard ponytail).
* Avène Cold Cream is my current favorite hand cream. It’s also very purse friendly as the shape is short and squat. The formula is made for ultra cold conditions. It’s thick and creamy – and long lasting enough to last through six hand washings! In case you aren’t familiar, Avène is a super chic French pharma brand. The thing I love most about their products is their dedication to sensitive skin. The formulas are formulated without any preservatives or irritants… safe for even the most sensitive skin types.
* by Terry Baume de Rose is my all-time favorite lip balm. It’s thick and creamy and smells like roses. I have three of these. One in my bag, one at my desk, and one by my bed. It’s truly just the best lip balm in the world. I know I rave and rave about it but it’s magical. Once you try it you won’t want to use anything else.
* Supergoop Perfect Day is always in my bag as you should always be wearing sunscreen but sometimes I forget or wash my face at the gym. Supergoop has been my favorite sunscreen for years as it’s highly effective and feels good on my skin (also it doesn’t contain any of the bad stuff – parabens, oxybenzone, or synthetic fragrances). This is my fav as it also has a lip balm built into the cap!
What are the products you can’t live without? I’m always looking for recommendations + new things to try… tell me in the comments!
photos by Trent Bailey.