Happy New Year! I thought I’d take a minute to share my New Year’s Resolutions for 2012. Resolutions are a funny thing. I try to look at them as goals… to take them seriously and work hard at bettering myself, but not to obsess… life is just too short to take things so seriously, to beat yourself up. As long as you are moving forward, making progress, and moving in the right direction, I think you’re doing just fine. That said, just like everyone else, I’ve made my list… these are the things I’m aspiring to do in the next year.
3. I will take better care of my hair (no more waiting 6 months between cuts.)
4. I will exercise 3x a week.
5. I will conquer my sewing machine.
6. I will master at least 5 new snazzy tricks in PhotoShop.
7. I will limit my spending and pare down my wardrobe. Simple is best.
8. I will relax regularly and make more time for myself.
9. I will take a photography class.
10. I will make a concerted effort to do all of the above, but I will not get stressed about it.
What are your New Year’s resolutions? Do you make them? Stick to them? How did you measure up vs. last year?
by GRACE ATWOOD
The Stripe is a lifestyle blog for the stylish bookworm. Since its first post in 2010, it has aimed to be a daily source of inspiration for the modern woman. Written by Grace Atwood, The Stripe aims to leave you feeling like you just had coffee with a great girlfriend: savvier, more confident, and always learning something new.