One of my favorite parts of my job (far and away) is all of the beauty samples I get to test and try for the blog. If you’ve been reading here long, you know that I take the testing process very seriously. Anything featured here is tried + tested for at least two weeks, and I really pride myself on providing you with quality beauty recommendations. In life I am like that as well… I’m the girl that all my friends go to for beauty product recommendations – especially when it comes to skincare.
Travel is one of the times I love to do my testing the most. When packing for a trip I will pack my usual favorites, but also sample sizes of new things I’ve been wanting to test. This might sound a little nerdy but it’s exciting to come home at the end of a day of sight-seeing to have something new to play with, product-wise.
When QVC reached out to see if I’d like to review their new TILI box, I knew it would be the perfect thing to pack for my Europe trip. TILI stands for Try It, Love It. The box features eight products (including 3 full sized products) and retails for $22 + $3 shipping. Every quarter, they launch a different box. It isn’t a subscription box, but rather, a fun new way to discover all of the amazing new beauty brands carried at QVC. (It also makes for a great gift.) Out of all the sample boxes out there I would say this is the best one I’ve tried. You get a lot for the price, and it’s all stuff you actually want!
Keep reading to see what was included. My friend Aly took these photos of me in our hotel and we both enjoyed getting to test these products while we were in London!
- WEN Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner – I loved how soft this left my hair! It got it really clean (with no flatness) but left my naturally wavy hair soft and smooth. I ended up wearing my hair natural (as pictured) the entire trip as I was happy how it looked on its own (not usually the case – I usually go over it with my curling iron or flat iron). It also smells really, really good.
- Laura Gellar Spackle Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Primer – I’m so glad that this was included as my SPF had run out – this primer is perfection! It left my skin feeling velvety and smooth… I stuck to using this + a little bronzer while on the trip.
- It Cosmetics CC Cream – I lucked out as this one was in my exact skin color. It was the perfect amount of foundation for my trip. The formula sinks in immediately, disguising any redness and blemishes without looking like makeup. I am going to buy the full size of this one!
- philosophy Purity Cleanser is another old favorite! It’s just a really nice basic face wash. Gets skin clean without any stripping or irritation… leave it soft, etc etc. I was excited to see philosophy included in the mix as it’s one of my favorite brands.
- ELEMIS Pro Collagen Marine Cream – You may remember from this post but this cream was already a FAVORITE. It leaves my skin so soft and happy and does a really great job hydrating. I did a longer review of the product in that post, but it’s become one of my favorite moisturizers so I was happy to have it with me on the trip!
- NudeStix Lip/Cheek pencil – A really pretty, wearable nude lip color. I’m wearing it in the photos here. It’s like my own lip color but a little bit better, which is what I want when I’m looking for an everyday lipstick.
- Julep When Pencil Meets Gel is what I’m talking about when I say the box contains stuff you actually want. A full sized gel eyeliner in a color you want/need (black)? Yes, please! I love this eyeliner – it stays on all day and the gel formula is easy to apply if you are eyeliner challenged like myself. Gel liners are the closest thing to liquid liner that I can actually handle.
- BareMinerals Bare Haven Moisturizer is a great everyday moisturizer especially if you have dry skin. It’s rich and creamy – I used it as a night cream on my trip.
Created in partnership with QVC + ShopStyle. I have been compensated by QVC for my participation. All opinions expressed are my own.
Photography by Aly Harte.
The products sound good. Love that there is an even mixture of things.
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
It’s such a nice mix! Have a great weekend, Charmaine! x
That seems like a great box! Full of amazing products!
It is! Thanks Marta – have an amazing weekend! xx
Hi Grace! What shade did you wear in the CC cream? I think I am between light and medium but can’t tell from online how opaque it will be- I was thinking if its on the more sheer side it would be okay to go to the medium.
Hi Paige! I got the medium in my box!!! If you are in between I think you will be fine!
Careful with the Wen! Some users have had really scary, awful experiences regarding hair loss – they have hopefully since changed the formula but still… don’t want to learn the hard way!
I was just coming to see if anyone else mentioned this. I’ve used Wen before and at first it was amazing, but eventually it just…didn’t seem to work anymore. And then I started hearing about bad experiences and the lawsuits — I never had any of those serious problems, but I didn’t want to press my luck so I just went back to my old favorites (Pantene and Davines).
I did have some very good Wen-related hair days, though…
Yikes – that is scary!!! I have to say, I really loved it but I used the small bottle while traveling (and used up the whole thing). I liked that for travel, I only needed one product for my hair (shampoo + conditioner). Those articles do make me nervous (although I have so much hair I wouldn’t notice if I lost a little, but that’s another story HA)
I’m so into this box and the full sizes! When I’ve tried other subscriptions, I’ve always been shocked by the price to product ratio.You hardly ever receive a full sized product and often the products only contain enough for one use!
Yeah, I agree! And this one has THREE! xx
I had never heard of TILI before, but it looks like an amazing assortment of products!
The Style Scribe
It is! Def my favorite of the sampling boxes as there are good things in there + a huge value!