You know I just love a good dress. While I’ve been stalking my favorite sites for new clothes for Spring, I’ve found it funny as it’s been really warm, even by Charleston standards. The weather here seemingly changes day by day. Some days its in the 30s, others the 70s – it definitely keeps me on my toes!
Pretty Day Dresses
I have always been a fan of Rhode’s Ella dress. Here’s the black one, back in 2016! I still have and love that one but am really loving this red print. It’s just so happy! I said this on instagram but size wise you want to base it on height as it’s basically a big sack with a belt I am 5’8 and the medium is perfect on me. (Be sure to check out Rhode’s warehouse sale, there are still a few good styles left!)
More favs: I just got this Alémais dress and it’s so fun. They’re a brand I’m definitely watching right now as they have such great patterns (and silhouettes!). This one is so good too! And you know I love Mille. I have and love this dress, it’s such a great silhouette. This one too! And on a more classic note, this black Tuckernuck dress is a gem. It comes in pink as well and it’s the perfect easy dress.
- Pink Floral DressUnder $200This is so pretty and easy. I love the back!Shop
- Off-Shoulder MidiI have been really into this brand, they have so many gorgeous dresses and I love the silhouette.Shop
- Smocked Maxi$149This pattern is SO pretty!Shop
- Puff Sleeve Midiunder $100Love this color combination.Shop
- Coral DressEveryone’s favThis dress has been one of my top selling styles for over a year now… it truly looks good on every body. And it’s inclusively sized.Shop
- Orange Dresslove this colorI love this color — feels a little unexpected for Spring! Pair with pops of yellow or pink.Shop
- Blue Nightgown DressThis is just so pretty. You’ll want to size down!Shop
- Metallic DressUnder $200This is ethereal and dreamy — love the fabric! Would be fun for a Spring wedding.Shop
- Blue DressSophisticated and fun, perfect for when you want spring color but it’s still a little chilly.Shop
- Black DressFree People is doing dresses so well this season. Love this one!Shop
- V-Neck Maxihave and love!I have and love this. It’s the best black day dress!Shop
- Navy DressAnother really good Free People dress!Shop
- Tan Dress$125This is such a great dress – I love the cut, the color, the pattern… the details at the back.Shop
- Shirt Dressjust boughtI am having a real love affair with this brand. Their prints and patterns are just beyond!Shop
- Tiered Maxia fav styleI love this Mille dress. I have one from last year too and it’s just such a nice, easy silhouette. Comfy and just easy!Shop
- Square Neck Midion sale!Another Mille fav – how great is that pattern!Shop
- Striped DressI love everything about this. The shoulder detail, the ruffles… it’s perfection.Shop
- Bold Shirt DressI told you I’m stalking Alémais! I love this bold print. The color combination is beyond.Shop
- Rhode Ella Dressa fav cutThis cut and pattern is just too good. It’s one of my favs.Shop
- Collared MiniThis is so sweet – and a great price!Shop
- Eyelet Minilove the color!I feel like we’re seeing more lavender this season and I love it. Feels very unexpected and different.Shop
Disclosure: If you buy something through my links, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. I only feature things I truly love here. Thanks for your support.
You always look so great in everything you wear. I enjoy seeing all the bright pretty dresses as I am a dress girl too. I don’t know if there are many women my age (over 50) who follow you but if so, could you ever do i.e.” dresses/skirts I would buy for my mom or my older friend,etc “. I am not saying age defines what we wear….women can wear whatever they want…but for me…I am 5’5 and an XL some of the voluminous clothing, above the knee, etc is not something I find flattering. Not sure I am expressing this well but its just an idea for the blog.
I get a kick out of seeing all of the pretty dresses the Charleston ladies seem to live in. Like the other commenter, I also find dress sizing to be more difficult as I’ve entered my 40s and have to buy separate size tops and bottoms. I need a little more structure and stretch in my own outfits, but I’m living vicariously through the floaty day dress crowd these days. So pretty!
We do love our dresses! Honestly, I love a structured dress too but once it gets warm here you just don’t want anything touching your body!