For the longest time, I was not the biggest fan of the Gap. They have a fun collection here and there, and then they go dark for a while with boring basics. (Like this summer, they had the best striped t’s and fun chiffon sandals… then they ruined things with all those dumb black pants and that terrible ad campaign. And don’t even get me started on that terrible new logo… thank heavens they scrapped that!)
Recently, I’ve had a change of heart – they’ve had a lot of good stuff! As you may know, I am obsessed with their tall department. Finally, shirts that are long enough but not super boxy! I wrote about their striped t’s here, but in my book, these were life-changing. I buy all of my t-shirts from the Gap now.
The Spring collection didn’t let me down. Below are the 6 pieces I’m currently coveting… (and only one of them is a t-shirt.)
1. This striped T looks like a bit of a snooze – until you get a look at the back. (there’s a row of buttons going down the back.) Love. It also comes in tall sizes, which is a major plus in my book.
2. I’ve been saying it for a few weeks now, but I’m certain that Navajo is the new Ikat. This fabulous open front cardigan will go with everything, and serve as a great in-between piece when Spring rolls around. It’s #1 on my shopping list (waiting for their next promotion though, as this one is pricey by Gap standards.)
3. I love all of Gap’s reasonably priced metallic pieces (check out the the tote, too!) but this Rose Gold tone wallet is my favorite. I’m presently obsessed with all things rose gold, so natch, just love this.
4. This soft rayon romper is just the cutest. So sweet… it will be great for lounging around in on the weekend, once the weather gets a tiny bit warmer.
5. This skirt does not look like something you’d find at the Gap. It has a more expensive-boutique feel to it. I’d wear it to work constantly…. with basics, or with a striped T and a chunky statement necklace to mix things up a bit.
6. I know, I know… broken record. I already wrote about these flats here – but they are so fabulous. I command you – check them out now. If your size is not yet sold out, order now! So fabulous. They’ll go with everything and give you that Chanel elegance – without the Chanel price tag.
That’s it – my 6 favs. What about you? Have you been to the Gap lately? What do you think?
by GRACE ATWOOD
The Stripe is a lifestyle blog for the stylish bookworm. Since its first post in 2010, it has aimed to be a daily source of inspiration for the modern woman. Written by Grace Atwood, The Stripe aims to leave you feeling like you just had coffee with a great girlfriend: savvier, more confident, and always learning something new.