My sister makes the best salad dressing. I think my mom taught her how to make it, but she always has it when I go for dinner at her house… or when she’ll make it on family trips. Finally, the other day I asked her. HOW DO YOU MAKE THE SALAD DRESSING!? And she laughed at me because it’s so easy to make, she couldn’t believe I didn’t know the recipe. But it’s so easy (this will take you maybe 5 minutes to make), and so good, that I wanted to share it here.
Homemade Salad Dressing Recipe
Two things to note:
one: I only make a little at a time as I’m usually only making salad dressing for one. I have a jar that used to hold curry paste (it’s just a little guy) and like to reuse that for dressing – it’s the perfect size. It’s best fresh, so I prefer making it every couple days as opposed to making a giant batch. The recipe below yields enough dressing for three (maybe more?) big salads.
two: Feel free to experiment with proportions based on your own personal taste. There is no right or wrong. I like garlic so I use two cloves. You could also use more vinegar (I don’t personally like a very vinegary vinaigrette!)
- Olive Oil (she likes using a lemon one) – I use two tablespoons of Brightland’s lemon olive oil
- Champagne Vinegar – I use one tablespoon of Brightland’s champagne vinegar
- Fresh garlic (grate it on a microplane; I use 2 cloves!)
- Grain mustard – I do one teaspoon
- Fresh lemon – I use 1/2 lemon and just juice that using my handheld juicer.
Combine all ingredients in a small jar. Shake thoroughly before using. Keeps for a few days!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may earn a small commission.