My Nordstrom Sale Short List
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is in full swing and is finally open to the public. I wanted to get a post up with my short list of favorites. For me, this is a time to stock up on practical things I need like socks, underwear, and leggings… and take advantage of a beauty deal or two. I don’t buy a lot of clothes as I have found that the quality of some (not all) of the items has gone a bit downhill and I have a theory (unproven, just a hunch) that some (not all) of the products created for the sale aren’t as good quality as regular merch.
My rule is that I will buy an item if it’s something that is regularly stocked (like the Wacoal Red Carpet strapless bra or the Spanx faux leather leggings for example) but if it’s created just for the sale, I am a little more hesitant.
I think that this year’s sale has a few gems and the beauty deals are always really great. I am not a Nordstrom card holder so I missed a lot of the really good deals (I love Bobbi Brown’s shadow sticks and had never seen the new dual-ended ones… so cool! And of course, this Augustinus Bader set, wow it was such a good deal.) Meanwhile, this Necessaire set has two body care favs so that would be a no-brainer for me. Also: this Chantecaille mascara set. So splurgy but so good. Supergoop also had some great deals too.
What I bought this year:
I was kind of boring. I bought the Chantecaille mascaras, underwear (low rise and high rise), and this Madewell dress. That’s it!
Some things I already have and love:
I also have this ultra cozy Zella cardigan and it is like a warm hug. Can’t recommend it enough especially for the airplane, after yoga classes, or just wearing around home on a chilly morning. And of course, the Spanx faux leather leggings are amazing. Underwear, too. This is my favorite strapless bra and I love these underwear.
- Necessaire SetTwo of my everyday favorite products.Shop
- Cozy CardiganThe best, perfect for after the gym and yoga. You’ll want to nap in it!Shop
- Fav Strapless BarThis is the best. It is the only strapless bra that never slides down. Magic!Shop
- Faux Leather LegsA modern classic. Just easy and really comfortable.Shop
- High Rise ThongI bought these on Merritt Beck’s recommendation. Great under dresses where you want a little more coverage.Shop
- Fav UnderwearJust simple and easy, I love these. They last a while too.Shop
- Chantecaille MascarasThis is the greatest mascara of all time. Expensive but worth it.Shop
- Best Self TannerThis is just the best self-tanner; I love it so much! Nothing compares.Shop
- Cozy SlippersUgg makes fantastic slippers and these are a great price!Shop
- NuFace!If you don’t already have one, now is the time to try it! Fav.Shop
- Best SocksI buy these every year!Just the best, most comfortable, will never slide down socks.Shop
- Supergoop Glow SetGlowscreen and a Glow Stick – the perfect combo!Shop
- DressSimple and elegant; the perfect throw on and go piece.Shop
- Drapey Blouseone of my favorite silhouettesJust simple and easy, I have this shirt in so many colors.Shop
- DressSo pretty and breezy, I love the floral pattern. Will transition well to fall with tights.Shop
- Stripes!Just an easy breezy summer-weight striped sweater. Need more of these.Shop
- Easy TunicSo easy and effortless.Shop
- Cozy JoggersSuper comfy, and cozy, and LIGHTWEIGHT!Shop
Disclosure: If you buy something through my links, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. I only feature things I truly love here. Thanks for your support.
The Zella jacket is one of my all time fav cozy articles of clothing! It’s the best.
AGREE. Love mine so much.
I wasn’t really feeling the sale this year. Everything I bought during the last couple of sales is still in great condition. And since every year they offer basically the same stuff, I didn’t find they had anything I needed/wanted.
I feel this deeply! I pretty much recommend the same exact items every year!
I always stock up on my favorite Natori undies. They’re such a good price. Also a big fan of the Spanx faux leather leggings. A classic I’ve had for YEARS!
an indigo day
They are the best!
I nabbed underwear, socks (Bombas!), and Clinique’s Take The Day Off makeup remover. Nothing too exciting but definitely useful, lol. I like your rule and think it makes a ton of sense for this sale!
Yes! It’s a great time to stock up on basics!!!
I am *loving* the new website – it makes shopping dangerously easy 🙂
Oh thank you, I’m happy you love it!
Just got the NuFace and love it! Would love it if you did a post about NuFace products and your routine/ results!