I have been so excited about today’s blog post about the Hatch Restore, as it is truly the coolest gadget ever – it feels like something from the future, and it helps with sleep. If you’re new here, I am a terrible sleeper so having a good sleep environment and bedtime routine is really important to me. The Hatch Restore is part alarm clock, part reading light, part sound machine… with guided meditations, soothing sounds, and (maybe my favorite part?) customizable sunrises to wake up to. It’s also quite compact – fitting easily on my small nightstand.
PS – Use code GRACE10 for $10 off your Hatch Restore!
My New Bedtime Routine
Hatch Restore Review
I am, frankly, terrible with technology so was a little nervous about getting this set up. But it couldn’t have been easier. Start by plugging in the device and then download the Hatch Sleep app from either the App store or Google Play. Make sure you’re connected to wifi. Fill out the simple steps to make an account. Then, follow the prompts to pair your device. This takes a little while but is super easy.
The top button has a touch sensor, so you just tap it to turn it on. To turn, just hold down. And to skip through any step in your routine, just tap! There are volume controls on the left and brightness controls on the right. One thing I really love (I like a very dark room!) is that you can dim or turn off the clock brightness within the app.
In the morning, you can snooze by tapping the top of the unit.
It takes less than five minutes to set up your customizable sleep / wake up routine.
- Read for 30 minutes. A reading light comes on. You can control the brightness to make it bright enough to read but still dim and soothing.
- After I read, the light dims, and a guided meditation or wind down comes on. Right now I have mine set to a 10 minute wind down.
- Then, I have soothing waves play to lull me to sleep. The waves play (faintly) all night. If I get annoyed by them (this has happened a few times), you just tap the Restore unit and it stops them.
- At 7am, a sunrise happens. I have mine set to Malibu Sunrise.
- Then at 7:30 my alarm goes off. I really like the “Forest Song” alarm… it wakes me up but is really pretty (and sounds a lot like you are waking up in the middle of a forest.
I love that you can choose which days you have the alarm… no accidentally getting woken up early on the weekends!