Grace Atwood Amazon the Drop Collection
Today is the day! And I could not be more excited about it. My Amazon The Drop collection is launching today! I will be updating this post with links THE SECOND it all becomes available but for now (I’ll also be back a little later today with a post featuring some of my favorite content creators wearing the collection!), but for now I wanted to give you guys all the information you need!
I’m truly so proud of everything we made. I’ve been wearing the pieces non-stop since getting my set of samples in early March and it feels great to put these out into the world! Everything is under $60, and everything is designed to look good on a range of body types. Later today I will have a blog post highlighting some of the women I gifted so that you can see how it looks on sizes XXS – XXL.
Most Commonly Asked Questions:
- Will this ship internationally? YES!
- What fabrics did you use? The solid green and red/leopard print are 100% viscose. The white/red pattern and geen leopard are 100% Tencel. The viscose has more of a lightweight drape to it and the tencel is a bit heavier (but still very breathable, etc!)
- How is pricing? Everything is under $60!
- How does sizing run? I find that it runs very true to size and recommend ordering your usual size. I am 5’8 and usually a 6/8 or a small/medium depending on the brand and am wearing a medium in everything. But I will say that the two “nightgown dresses” run a little big, but I like the looser fit. The big green kaftan is loose, but if you have hips or a butt (I do!) I would def stick to your normal size. I have been told by two friends that you should size up in the button front dress if you are on the bustier side!
- What’s the deal with returns? You can return it, but as everything is made to order there is a small return fee.
- Is it breastfeeding friendly? I honestly don’t know. I just don’t have experience here. The button front dress and top both unbutton so I think those are your best bets!
- What is that cute little pouch purse you’re carrying? Isn’t it great? It’s also from The Drop (get yours here). It comes in red, white, and black. I have the red and white and may get the black. one too.
- Where are those cute white sneakers from? These are also from The Drop (here!). Highly recommend – super comfy, no logos, and a great price point. They run true to size.
I am so, so thrilled to partner with Amazon on this collection.
I’m really I also wanted to share that I will be donating 15% of my cut of sales to Black Lives Matter.
We obviously had to have a nightgown dress.
It’s really hard to pick favorites etc but this dress is just… so good. It’s the perfect house dress but also looks amazing with heels for a casual lunch or dinner OR with sneakers for running around the city (whenever that can happen again!)
The most important thing to note is that WE DROPPED THE BUST!!!!! I have owned a few nightgown style dresses and nothing is more annoying when the dress hits you mid-nipple and then tents out over your body. Just dropping the bust line a couple inches makes a huge difference.
Again, sizing is pretty TTS. I am wearing a medium but the small would definitely fit. I like the looser cut though!
(link to white sneakers, also from The Drop, highly recommend if you want a cute unbranded white sneaker!)
The big green kaftan!
This was the piece I pushed the hardest for. I was inspired by the kaftan that Gwyneth Paltrow wore in The Politician. I had been trying to track down a kaftan like hers since the show came out and could not find what I wanted ANYWHERE. So we made one!
I have gotten a lot of questions about this and whether it’s sheer enough to wear out. My answer is YES, wear it out and one of these photos are retouched; BUT the fabric is lightweight and it isn’t lined. It will show bumps (I wore seamless underwear) so if that bothers you, I would say throw on a slip or a half slip (I have both of these slips!). I will say I do not personally wear a slip with mine though!
You can see the kaftan above but I wanted to show one of my favorite ways to style this kaftan for city purposes…. by layering on TONS of gold jewelry. This piece is really, really versatile. You can wear it to the beach or pool (or backyard or around the house) OR dress it up for dinner.
The easy patterned tunic
And this top is so easy and fun. I like the longer length (so you can tuck it in), and that it covers your butt if you pair it with skinny jeans. I love it with white jeans or cutoffs, too!
The green leopard top
This top is also SO fun. I wanted a cute top that you can just throw on with jeans, and I’ve always loved the look of a button down tied in the front but can never quite get it right so this top takes the guesswork out. The buttons are functional and go all the way down to the bottom, and I loveeeeee the print!
The fancy (but still beachy!) dress.
This dress is the fanciest of the bunch. I couldn’t have ONLY shapeless sacks in this collection so we wanted to do a chic dress that had a waist. The buttons go down to the waist and are fully functional. When I wear it I wear the top two buttons unbuttoned. (This is the dress I mentioned earlier that would probably be breast-feeding friendly!)
I’ve heard from two friends that if you are bustier, you should size up with this one, or it can look a bit scandalous! My friend Makeda belted it in her post and her styling is perfection!
The easy dress
I call this the easy dress as it’s just so easy and looks good no matter how you wear it. This little green dress is also for those who wanted a waist! This is the perfect little summer dress. It’s so lightweight, and I of course just LOVE the color!
Nightgown… with a waist!
And I love this dress so much, too! (Sensing a theme? These pieces are my CHILDREN, I am obsessed with them all hahahaha). This is for the person who loves the look of the nightgown dresses but wants a little more polish (and a waist!). The contrasting fabric at the bottom makes this one a little more elevated.
The Short Nightgown!
Last but not least – this dress, which is kind of a short nightgown dress! I LOVE the green leopard print and have been wearing this non-stop. But let’s be honest, I’ve been wearing them ALL non-stop! (PS here is a link to the white sneakers!)