Hi there, Kelly here!
Spring is my favorite time of year. Perfect temperatures and pretty blooms aside, it means shopping for new spring essentials. What did you completely wear out last spring & summer… and need to replace? Which fun new trend are you interested in trying? As the spring/summer collections start rolling into your favorite stores, it’s the perfect time to refresh your wardrobe.
The tricky part is doing this on a budget. I find that it’s easiest when I follow a few guidelines each season:
- Allot an amount of money you’re willing to spend on clothes for the season.
- Spend the majority of that budget replacing the essentials that you KNOW you’ll wear to death. Yes, that means boring things like new socks or underwear, but it also includes jeans, a classic trench, or a bootie.
- Use the rest for fun, of-the-moment items, but always translate it into what will work best for you. For example, I love flowy minidresses, so I want to try out trends like print mixing, ruffles, and a bohemian embroidered style.
- Focus on buying items made with quality materials and cuts to get the most out of your money. For example: a suede shoe often looks and feels more luxurious than other materials, no matter the price.
- If you have money left over, use it to get a few of your new items tailored. This is so, SO worth it, and the fit of your clothing will look so polished.
There you have it! I know it seems simple, but until I spelled it out for myself, I’d waste money buying expensive trendy things, or hang onto things that didn’t quite fit.
Xo – Kelly