As I write this, I’m stuck in Las Vegas (thanks so much, snow!) One of my favorite things to do in moments such as these, is to do a little fantasy online shopping. And J.Crew’s new arrivals are just so.. perfect… I can’t get enough. What’s most surprising to me is that I’m normally a dress gal, and I’m not featuring one single dress today. Their blouses and t’s are just that great.
Below, my top nine picks from their latest collection.
1. At first sight, this white “Blythe” blouse looks rather ordinary. Upon closer inspection, it’s made out of silk and has the perfect drape. I’m picturing this tucked into a black pencil skirt with a chunky gold necklace. Or paired with skinny olive green cargos for a more casual look. It’s available in four colors, but I am most obsessed with the classic white. For Spring, the “fresh apricot” is a close second. Out of everything in their current collection, I’m most in love with this blouse.
2. I know, I know… another day, another striped T. But this one just so lovely. Not surprisingly, the reason I adore it so much is the metallic buttons that adorn the shoulders. Also, mini-stripes are flattering (and surprisingly) slimming on everyone.
3. The picture of this blouse simply just doesn’t do it justice. What makes it so fab is it’s henley neckline. I’m picturing it with blush-toned shorts for Spring, or with white skinnies and loads of long gold chain necklaces for a more work-appropriate look.
4. I just love this baseball T. I see myself wearing it constantly on weekends… with cut-offs, skinny jeans, cargos, you name it. A perfect staple for casual days.
5. I actually already bought this chambray popover after Christmas. I love it. I’d been hunting for a chambray shirt for a while and decided that this would be “the one.” It’s perfect with leggings, and I can’t wait to wear it with white shorts come Summer. I paired it with faux leather leggings for a night out and actually liked my outfit. (I’m in one of those “hate everything I own” sort of moods…) Note: J.Crew pairs it with cut-offs. While I respect this, I’m just not yet in a place where I can endorse the denim-on-denim trend. It still gives me the heebie-jeebies.
6. This striped wrap is so fab. Realistically, I probably won’t purchase this one as it’s a bit pricey. But the pattern and color scheme are perfection. Love the blue, orange, & white combo… so fab for Spring. (I’m thinking orange is going to be huge this Spring & Summer… anyone else?) I’d wear with all white, or navy.
7. This sailor sweater has been all over J.Crew. It looks so comfy. I adore the button-tab detailing on the sleeves. It’s a must-have for certain.
8. Oh how I adore this tuxedo tunic. This is going to be one of my wear-to-work go to pieces. Paired with skinny jeans and fabulous heels, you’ve got a no-brainer on your hands. I am so in love with the contrast bib front.
9. Lastly, the sweetest ballet flats I’ve ever seen. You all know by now that I have a total cap-toe flat fetish, and these are just adorable. I love the light pink on lighter pink. I’d wear them with absolutely positively everything, but right now I’m thinking that a navy twin set, pearls, and white skinny jeans would be perfection.
What do you think? What are you craving for Spring? As for me, if I walk away with just the silk blouse and ballet flats, I’ll be a very happy girl… but the rest of the list is just, (in my opinion,) to die for! J. Crew, you’ve done it again!