How was your weekend? Mine was really nice. My parents were in town so we did a bunch of stuff – went to my sister’s new store (coming in May), saw the Grant Woods exhibit at The Whitney, and had two yummy dinners at Claro + Meadowsweet.
I had been eyeing J.Crew’s sweater blazer for a while. I love anything that’s really comfortable but also a little polished. Big cozy sweaters are my favorite, but I can look like a sloppy mess if I’m not careful so why not take that big cozy sweater and turn it into a blazer. Perfection! I belted it here but will be sure to get some photos of it not belted, as it’s really versatile – you can basically wear it over everything from jeans and stripes to button downs to little sundresses once the weather warms up. It’s definitely a new favorite and now it comes in a bunch of other colors too!
My family all had a good laugh because every (freezing cold) day this weekend I showed up in some sort of ankle length jeans/slip on shoe combination. I didn’t even notice but my parents did, and they were baffled. We were out and about and they marveled at how it wasn’t just me – almost every girl we saw on the street was wearing ankle length (often ripped like mine) denim. I guess I don’t really mind cold ankles. If it’s really bad out, of course I’ll wear socks and full length pants (or snow boots) but otherwise, I’ll suffer a little bit.
Outfit Details: J.Crew Sweater Blazer // Vince Tee (like 10 years old but this is a good one) // J.Crew Belt (also very old, this is similar) // Re/Done Jeans (exact) // Vintage Hermes Bag // Manolo Blahnik Pumps // Celine Sunglasses // Gorjana Earrings
But also! I wanted to (quickly) share a few favorite playlists with you! Back in November I did a more formal post with all of my favorite podcasts but.. here are some more.
* Forever 35 is a new favorite – like, a can’t miss favorite. I even belong to their Facebook group. I like that the hosts are a little older (around my age), and the whole thing is basically dedicated to self care and skincare. My kind of podcast!
* That’s so Retrograde can be a little hokey but is really fun and I personally find the hosts to be extremely entertaining. They explore all areas of wellness… it’s fun to listen to and while it can be a little out there I always learn a lot, or at the very least, have a good conversation starter!
* U Up, I mentioned in my first post, but it just keeps getting better. I feel like the hosts are my best friends and I simultaneously laugh a lot and learn a bit more about the male brain.
* This is Why Your Single is another great dating podcast. It’s a bit more practical than U Up but the hosts are very entertaining and relatable.
* A Few Things is the Of a Kind Podcast and I like how it’s basically just a list of cool stuff they’re loving. I always learn something new.
Tell me your faves (pretty please!) in the comments!
photography by Trent Bailey.