This is probably my favorite gift guide of all. As much as I love the convenience of shopping at my favs like Nordstrom + Shopbop, I love love love supporting smaller designers. This is for two reasons. When you shop small, your often helping to support an individual vs. a huge company… and when you shop small you can often find gifts that not everybody else has. Here are a few of my favorite small designers to shop. I will say that there is a bit of nepotism involved… nearly all of these are friends of mine. What can I say… I have talented friends + family!
- Rebecca Atwood – obviously I am listing my sister first, but she has the most incredible textiles. My own apartment is decked to the nines in them… they’re luxurious but also practical (nearly everything can be machine-washed.)
- Holst + Lee – one of my NYC besties. Natalie is one of the most creative people I know and every piece of jewelry she creates is just amazing!
- Everyday Oil – they only have one product but you need it! My friend Emma blends together the most heavenly oils that you can used for everything…. on the body, in the hair, AND to cleanse + moisturize your face. The best multi-tasker, and it smells amazing.
- Aly Harte – my amazingly talented bestie in Northern Ireland. Her art is incredible… (I counted and was embarrassed/proud to realize that I have one original and six of her prints famed and hung in my apartment). My favorites are all the cocktail + wine prints she does… like this champagne bottle!
- Candyshop Vintage – another one of my besties, but based in Charleston. Deirdre is the coolest and also the most creative. I live for her croissant necklace.
- Hart Studios – another fav for tassel earrings! I now have four pairs of Hart’s earrings and continue to add to my collection. They are all so beautiful and the quality is impeccable. PS – take $10 off your order with code STRIPE10 through February 1st!
- LeVert Beauty – my favorite favorite place to shop for beauty products. They carry the BEST selection of all natural products. I am addicted!
- Cece Dupraz – started by one of my friends from high school! Cece Dupraz is basically monogram heaven. If you can embroider it, they can do it… in a tasteful, chic way, of course!
- Design Darling – another good friend – you probably know Mackenzie but I love her shop so much – it’s my go-to for hostess gifts and now earrings… I am so happy she started carring Carter G Designs’ bubble drops!
- Ashley Brooke Designs – She has the cutest gifts… especially her palm print stationery + phone cases.
- 42 Pressed – reall gorgeous stationery (and maps) based out of Charleston.
- St. Frank – Gorgeous home textiles from around the world. I love everything they sell… especially all of the Day of the Dead skulls.
- Mi Golondrina – the absolute best for beautiful (handmade) Mexican blouses and dresses. I have built up a small collection of Cristina’s pieces and treasure them so, so much. The new off-the-shoulder top is amazing.
- Candlefish – my favorite candle store, based out of Charleston. Their store is amazing (a must if you visit Charleston) but they also have a pretty great online shop.
- Lake Pajamas – truly the best pajamas I’ve ever put on my body. The cotton is so so super soft, and the stripes are amazing! I have 3 pairs.
Check out the rest of our gift guides! The best hostess gifts, gifts for the traveler, the coziest gifts of 2016, the best gifts for the cat lady (meowy Christmas!), gifts for the girly girl, gifts for the social media addict/blogger, the best gifts for guys, the best gifts for under $25, the best gifts for the optimist, the best gifts under $50, the best gifts for the career woman, the prettiest little luxuries, gifts for the person who hated 2016, the best stocking stuffers, gifts for the cool creative, crowd-pleaser gifts that everyone will love, and gifts for the beauty junkie in your life.
Top: New York Illustration // Croissant Earrings // Holst + Lee White Tassel Earrings // St. Frank Skull Ornament // Everyday Oil // Mexico The Cookbook // Green Tassel Earrings (10% off with code STRIPE10) // Ginger Jar // Holst + Lee Gold & Silver Bracelet // Candlefish The Library Box // Palm Print Notecards // Lake Striped Sleep Dress
Bottom: Rebecca Atwood Shibori Dinner Napkins // Ombre Dye Earrings (10% off with code STRIPE10) // L’Huile Hair Oil // Charleston Gift Set // Mi Golondrina Off The Shoulder Top // Blue Bubble Earrings // Monogram Dinner Napkin // Blue & White Tote Bag // May Lindstrom Honey Mud // Camel Alpaca Throw // Rebecca Atwood Pillow // Gold Elephant Necklace // Blue Tassel Necklace // Cocktail Painting // Personalized Cherry Hat
I love the New York illustration! It’s perfect for my best friend who moved to NYC a few years ago.
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
So glad you like it! 42 Pressed has such gorgeous things! x
Thanks so much for sharing, girl! I love that Design Darling website. SO much good stuff there to buy for my friends.
Aw you are welcome Mary! And so happy you love Design Darling too – Mackenzie has such a good eye and has really done an amazing job expanding her business this year.
LOVE this!!! I’ve included a bunch of etsy shops in my gift guides for the same reason… you’ve listed so many good shops here; Lake Pajamas are on my wish list… I hear they’re so cozy.
Oh I hope you get a pair – they are just so so soft!!!
excellent round up!! I just bought three Mexican cookbooks as gifts, love that you featured one. I also got the Hartwood cookbook and it’s pretty incredible
Wait – how did I not know that Hartwood has a cookbook!? That’s fantatic news 🙂 🙂 Happy Holidays, Kristen!