These leather leggings were last year’s big splurge. I wore them all winter long and last week it was finally cool enough to pull them out again. Usually I like my big purchase to be something I can wear every day (coats, shoes, bags) but I’d always wanted a pair and had gone through countless pairs of cheaper / faux versions. They have served me well and I know I’ll look forward to pulling them out year after year.
1. Your first childhood celebrity crush? Donnie Wahlberg. I was die hard NKOTB fan. I remember crying because my parents wouldn’t drive me to Boston to go to the concert.
2. Favorite ice cream flavor? I don’t eat ice cream very much (I’d rather indulge in a block of cheese) but when I do, coconut is my favorite. There is a place on Cape Cod, in Dennis (my hometown) called The Ice Cream Smuggler. Their coconut ice cream is the absolute best.
3. The best gift you’ve ever received? A trip to Greece, given to me by myself when I was in between jobs.
4. If you could learn any new skill, what would it be? I’d like to learn to cook. Like, really cook. I know I could if I put my mind to it and blame my crazy hours at work.. but need to stop making excuses.
5. Your favorite holiday? It’s a cliche, but I love Christmas. There is nothing better than being at home with family, in my pajamas, relaxing. And enjoying some Christmas Eve eggnog!!!
6. The nicest compliment someone’s given you? I’m not sure, but I recently attended an editor dinner and the host told me that she sat me next to the founder of the brand because she thought that I was really smart. I felt really honored.
7. You win the lottery. What’s the first thing you spend on? How much are we talking about? Either a house on the beach or a really amazing vacation. And maybe a really amazing piece of jewelry.
8. The high point of this past weekend? Seeing a movie and indulging in a few glasses of wine with a girlfriend. It had been a really long week. I also went for a long walk on the treadmill + caught up on magazines.. it’s the little things!
9. Cat person/Dog person? Duh… cats!
photography by Lydia Hudgens