I am having a real moment with sneakers. I am going to blame it on the subtle platform we are seeing a lot of brands doing. I know that I personally struggled with sneakers for a long time. They made me feel just a little bit dowdy and squat, and I always felt like my styling was just a little bit off. So I didn’t make much of an effort and if I was doing a casual outfit, I would favor a low heel like these instead. My Vince slip ons were my go-to and my gateway into the world of sneakers, but only as long as I had on something cute and feminine.
These days, it’s almost always sneakers and denim. I am in sneakers most days… what a change! (And socks, of course… love these!) All kinds of sneakers… flat ones, platforms, laces, slip-ons… but always: FUN sneakers. Today I wanted to put together a round-up of my favorites.
Fun & Fancy Sneakers
Also, I have been asked to give a review of my Tod’s sneakers. My review is that they are perfect. I would never spend that much money on a pair of sneakers if anything about them was less than absolutely perfect. The platform, the bounce, the color combination, the quality… and yes of course — they are super comfortable!!!! I do not wear anything uncomfortable these days. I wish they weren’t so expensive but they are amazing. Also: I might like this new color combination even more.
PS – Two good sale finds! This Zimmermann pair is classic yet fancy – and 30% off right now. The perfect entry into designer sneakers if you ask me. This Tory Burch pair also just got marked down!
PPS – If you have been coveting the Chloe sneakers, these are soooo similar at a fraction of the price. Also, these slip-ons will give you the look of the Vince ones, for just $41. These are another great affordable option.
- Green SneakersHow fun are these!? Love the color combo.Shop
- Vince PlatformsFav color!You know I love my Vince Warren platforms. V happy they are making them in my signature fav color!Shop
- Buckle Sneakershave + loveThese are part grandpa, part toddler, part fashion. I love everything about them.Shop
- Pop of CobaltI love the simplicity of these.Shop
- Rainbow NikesThese are so so fun and happy. The perfect spring sneaker!Shop
- Light Blue SneakersI really like Veja sneakers. I got a pair in my last Stitchfix box and find them so cute… and comfortable.Shop
- Warren Slip-OnsYou know these are my fav. I think I’m at 4 pairs.Shop
- Caramel Sneakersa best-seller!I love these. I would pair them with an all caramel/camel outfit for an effortless, monochromatic look.Shop
- Loewe SneakersI really love the look of these. They are very special and cool.Shop
- Platform Slip-Onsgreat priceIf you are looking to get the look of the Vince Warren slip ons but for less, look at these!!! Lots of colors, too.Shop
- Gray + NavyAnother pair from Veja! Love this color combination.Shop
- Pink SneakersI love these – they remind me a bit of my Tod’s pair (the colors) and the clear air bubble is fun!Shop
- Velcro SneakersI love the velcro buckle look. This pair, from Acne, is super fun!Shop
- Chunky Platformsgreat price!These remind me a lot of my Hokas, but for much less.Shop
- Hokas!My friend Katie got me into these and they are so so comfy! Perfect for walks and working out.Shop
- Chloe SneakersI really want a pair of Chloe sneakers — the details are so fun!Shop
- Nylon Sneakersaffordable classic!I just got these and really love them. They are classic and also a great price.Shop
- Leather Sneakersour fav, reimaginedI have and LOVE these. They are Vince’s classic Warren sneaker… but with laces! I wear these a lot.Shop
- Boucle TrainersLeave it to Tory Burch to take a classic athletic shoe and make it this pretty.Shop
- Neutral PlatformsI had to include a little Gucci here… these are fantastic!Shop
- Suede PlatformsMy fav.I love these so much. I was struck by how unique and cool they are. Everything about them is just perfect.Shop
I have and LOVE the caramel Nike sneakers. They are so lightweight, have a wider to box (no squished toes!), and go with everything.
They are so chic!!!
OMG, you seriously have me considering $600 sneakers!! You talk about socks, and thanks for the link. But in your photos you are not wearing them. I find them a little nerdy looking, but love the feel. Why do you choose not to wear them in pics?
I like to mix it up. One photo was cold in New York, another was warm in Charleston. I love how they look and feel!
LOVE THE SELECTIONS. ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A PLATFORM PAIR AROUND $100? THANKS!
All the cute platforms I found were either $50ish or more expensive. I will keep looking!!!
Well, you’ve now added to my sneaker obsession…and I’m not upset about it. Those caramel Nikes are calling my name!
They are so cute!!!!
Just ordered the Reebok’s, thank you! They’re 15% off on the Shopbob app using code YES15, btw 🙂
Oh that is awesome to know, thanks for sharing!
Advice on how to style these with socks?! I usually wear mine without socks as they feel frumpy with socks, but I know the sock thing is on trend…thanks!
My advice is to just go for it!!! It is weird at first but once you do it on the regular, you get used to it! If it feels scary, try wearing socks the same color as either your pants or your shoes.
Finally pulled the trigger on the Hokas. Been looking at them for awhile but held back because of how “substantial” they are. But if a cool girl like you wears them they must be ok. Also, since Covid I am all about comfort; no more torture fashion for this girl!
They are so so comfortable!!!
Can you please recommend no show socks to wear with this adorable sneaks? I live in FL so real socks are not happening. Thanks!
I wear Bombas! They show a little bit. I wear those or real socks.
Great selections- those caramel Nikes are at the top of my sneaker wish list! I wear sneakers most everyday – love them for work with jeans and a blazer. I’m all for comfort and style.
AGREE! I love those.
I couldn’t add these camel ones to my cart fast enough!! Thanks girl!
they are so good!
Ugh, I’m seriously considering those Loeffler Randall sneaks! Adding them to my “want to buy” list and if they still call my name in a couple of weeks, I might have to go for it…
I love mine, they are so fun!
Love the tods and they are on sale today! Do you find they fit TTS? I wear 8 in Nike Pegasus and usually 38 in European size if that helps. Thanks! ☺️
Yes!!! I am an 8.5 in my Nikes and got the 38.5 in these. Wait – where are they on sale?
NVM, I see!