Like it or not, Fall is here. I’m sad to say goodbye to summer, but truthfully, Fall shopping is my favorite, so I’m not really all that sad. In the summer, I care less about investment items (as everything gets yucky between running around the city and going to the beach) but Fall is when I become really mindful about what items I’m adding to my wardrobe, and really take the time to make thoughtful investments. Shoes are probably my favorite thing to shop for (boots!!) and per usual, Nordstrom has a pretty fantastic selection.
Here are my favorite fall shoe picks for this year…
- A great sneaker. It makes me happy that “athleisure” is a real thing now, as I love being comfortable. The perforation on this pair takes the trend to a whole new level. Are they oxfords? Are they sneakers? I’m not really sure, but either way they are both comfortable and cute, and that’s the goal.
- Ankle boots. I always buy a black pair (to wear with tights and dresses) and a neutral/brown pair to wear with denim. This black pair is great (and reminds me a lot of my old fave Rag & Bone boots) and also comes in a nice smoky gray. For a neutral pair, there’s nothing better than these (currently in my cart!) I love the color and the heel is the perfect height.
- A nude pump. In my opinion, no shoe is more flattering than a great nude pump. When paired with skirts, they elongate your legs, but they also pair well with jeans. Go for something that’s a mix of comfortable and sexy like this pair from Cole Haan. Your feet will be happy, your legs will look great. I’m also a fan of nude ballet flats for all of the reasons listed above. Flats can make your legs look stumpy, but nude flats are surprisingly flattering.
- Something over the knee. I live for my over the knee boots. I have both flat + heeled versions. This flat pair is fabulous (I adore the texture of the leather) and I always say that my Highland boots were my favorite investment (bought two years ago, still in perfect condition). If you’re looking for a more affordable alternative to the Highland boots, then these are a must!
- Something leopard. Because why not!? But seriously… Leopard is amazing with all black. This pair from DVF is very high on my wish list right now.
- Something lace up. Lace up pumps are everywhere this season and for good reason… they look amazing on! I love this pair from Stuart Weitzman, but this pair from Vince Camuto comes in four colors and makes for a much more affordable alternative.
- A statement pump. It’s nice having that pair of heels you can reach for to dress up all of your plain outfits. All black? Jeans and a white tee? Plain black dress? Just add fun shoes. This pair is fantastic – the black and nude combo will go with everything. While we’re talking about statement shoes, I’m dreaming about these… the blue is perfect and the jeweled heel is everything.
Created in partnership with Nordstrom.