A few weeks ago, I attended InStyle’s Summer Social and got to sneak a peek at Essie’s new Fall shades. Having worked in the beauty business for years I always get excited about what their new shades are as Essie tends to be ahead of the other nail color brands and they always end up setting the tone for the category… especially now that Rebecca Minkoff has joined the brand as Global Color Designer. This season’s additions were no exception… inspired by the seventies and rock’n roll, you’ll want them all!
Pictured from left to right:
- Color Binge is a great transitional color as it’s a really pretty red/orange. You could wear this shade year ’round… on vacation, in the summer, or in the winter as a pop of color. (I packed this one for Hawaii.)
- With the Band is your Fall red. (I think of summer reds as brighter and more vivid, whereas a Fall/Winter red has blue/berry undertones.)
- In the Lobby is my favorite in the collection. It’s a modern take on the deep red/purple (think of the classic, Essie Wicked but a little bit plummier) and it basically looks good with everything. I had my nails painted with this at the event and adore the color!
- Bell-Bottom Blues is a deep blue with an electric kick. It’s dark enough to not feel overly colorful (I just can’t do super crazy colors on my fingernails so I love this one!) but it has this slightly iridescent kick that flashes in the light. It’s really cool.
- Frock ‘n Roll looks like a deep purple in some light, or almost black in other lighting. I’ll wear this a lot this Fall as I typically like my nails super dark in the winter. It’s gothic, with a girly edge.
- Leggy Legend is a true bronze. If you’re into neutrals, this is for you. This shimmery copper will pair gorgeously with all of Fall’s camels and browns. It looks like molten metal.
Created in partnership with Essie.