If you’re a regular reader here then you know that I am a massive fan of Clark’s Botanicals. It’s an amazing brand with highly effective products and an incredible team of people running things behind the scenes. The founder, Francesco Clark, has become a good friend and his story is completely amazing. It’s always told better by Francesco but I will paraphrase. He was working as an editor at Harpers Bazaar and had just been promoted when he suffered a crippling spinal cord injury diving into a swimming pool. His central nervous system was impaired and he could no longer walk or even sweat and his skin was breaking out terribly. Nothing was helping, and so he turned to his doctor father (trained in Western medicine and homeopathy) for help and together they developed a few products (which eventually turned into a whole line) which cleared up his skin. The key ingredient in the line is Jasmine Absolute – it’s in all of their products.
I have a few favorites in the line but wanted to talk about the Smoothing Marine Cream as I didn’t realize how amazing it was until Francesco and I did our Instagram live! He revealed that it’s his favorite product in the line and went on and on about the product benefits. I made him (bossy!) send me some the next day and have been using it ever since. The big news is that it just won Allure’s Best of Beauty Award – this is pretty much the gold standard in beauty and SO EXCITING! (See all the winners here.)
A special reader treat!
I’m going to go into more details on the products I love most below but more importantly – the team at Clark’s has extended my special discount through the end of the year (12/31/18). Use code TheStripe25 to get 25% off site-wide. Beauty is rarely discounted so this is BIG. (As an aside; one of my goals this year is to get more exclusive reader discounts from my favorite brands for you guys… this is a good one!)
My Favorite Clark’s Botanicals Products!
* Smoothing Marine Cream // this is my latest Clark’s obsession! It’s SO good (also I need to point out that the jar is huge; it will last you a long time). The perfect cream that does everything in one step: brightening, hydration, and smoothing.
* Intense Moisture Mask //my favorite mask. It’s amazing for when your skin just needs a shot of moisture. I love it for when the seasons are changing (cue skin freak out) or when I’ve been traveling too much. It’s also lovely after a facial or a more invasive treatment like a face scrub or microdermabrasion.
* Retinol Rescue Eye Serum // probably the product you hear me talk about most. This is like a VACUUM for undereye bags. For extra credit keep yours in the fridge. The formula brightens and depuffs and the ceramic applicator irons out puffiness and fine lines.
* Retinol Rescue Face Serum // a super lightweight face serum (it’s oil free!) loaded with retinol and active ingredients to help fade dark spots and smooth away wrinkles and fine lines. After episode 19 (the beauty bonanza with Jackie) of our podcast, I realized the importance of retinals and have been using this almost every day under whatever moisturizer I’m using.
* Intense Radiance Mask // this mask is a bit surprising as it’s super creamy looking but brightens and can be used as an acne spot treatment. It deep cleans and brightens but it’s also really hydrating. I really love this mask as it leaves your skin super glowy but still soft and hydrated.
**This is not a sponsored post; but if you use my code I will earn a small affiliate commission!
photography by Carter Fish.
Looks like I’ve got to try of these products now! Thanks for the recommendation, Grace 🙂
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
You are so welcome!
Would love try these but the international shipping fee is really steep 🙁
aw that’s a shame! I know skincare can be pricy to mail as there are special regulations.
I am 100% going to snag some items with the reader code – so amazing, thank you so much for sharing this with us!
oh good I am so glad! It’s such a great brand! Xo