Created in partnership with Chantecaille and Shopstyle.
If you are a regular in these parts you know how much I love beauty, but am not always the greatest with makeup. For that reason I tend to use products that are easy and buildable… they’re much harder to mess up! Chantecaille is a makeup artist fav and has been one of my favorite brands for a while now (you have probably heard me gush about their mascara before on the podcast) and I was really excited to get to try a few more of their products (spoiler alert – LOVE, especially their luminescent eye shadows).
I filmed a little IGTV for you so that you can see how I use the products – the perfect summer makeup routine, but Chantecaille created this page with all of my picks. And I’m thrilled to share a special offer, just for my readers: Use THESTRIPE to get 15% off orders over $75 through 6/18 (orders over $175 get a complementary Brilliant Gloss).
I also wanted to draw attention to Chantecaille’s philanthropic efforts. Their Beauty Gives Back program shines a spotlight on global environmental issues and supports conservation efforts around the world.
An Easy Beachy-Bronzy Makeup Look for Summer
Here are the products I used in the tutorial to get the look in the top photo!
- Chantecaille Future Skin Cushion – Vanilla
- Real Bronze – Golden Bronze (the perfect natural tan!)
- Cheek Shade – Laughter (Coral – apply to the apples of your cheeks)
- Liquid Lumiere Highlighter – Sheen
- Luminescent Eye Shadows – Cheetah and Lion (I do Cheetah all over and Lion just above the lash line)
- Eyeliner – Violet Damask (I don’t usually do a purple liner but this one is so pretty – really made my blue eyes pop!)
- Brightening Eye Kajal (The best little secret – use on your waterline just under your lash line to brighten your eyes and look more awake)
- Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara (Best Ever, ever!)
- Lip Glide – Honeypot (the perfect pink nude – it’s the most fancy and pretty tinted lip balm I’ve tried)
I wanted to talk a bit about the Future Skin Cushion!
I am not a big foundation person but really love this as it delivers sheer, buildable makeup artist approved color. It’s packed with skincare ingredients, it’s water based, so it blurs imperfections but your skin still feels like skin (and frankly, it doesn’t look like you are wearing makeup). I love that the formula is really, really lightweight. I also love that the compact is refillable AND it comes with a refill, meaning that each compact contains two cushions! My shade is Vanilla.
I can’t get over these eye shadows.
Every time I use them I get so many compliments from my girlfriends. I love the sheer wash of metallic shimmer they provide… you can add more for drama, or keep it light and beachy. Cheetah is the prettiest champagne color and Lion is a gorgeous, universally flattering bronze.
And I know, I know.. this mascara is a splurge.
But it is the best mascara you will ever use. You will probably hate me for introducing you to it! But love me all the same? It actually contains lash peptide technology to help your lashes grow longer, thicker, and fuller. All the while giving you immediate length and volume. And, it smells faintly of roses thanks to rose oil, which also conditions the lashes. It’s the most luxurious mascara I’ve ever used.
photography by Clay Austin.