Growing up on Cape Cod, I spent every single weekend laying in the sun on the beach. Years later, I realize how spoiled I was… that was the life. Now, I make do with the occasional weekend home with my family (this coming weekend!) or trip to the Hamptons. The rest of the time, the park becomes my happy place on the weekend.
This past weekend, I spent a lazy afternoon in Washington Square Park and it was really lovely (except for the rain later in the day.) I wore this little tunic (best deal ever) + my favorite cutoffs and packed my beach bag full of my favorite day-in-the-park necessities.
Shop the Post: Old Navy Tunic // Old Navy Denim Shorts // Gold Birkenstocks // J.Crew Panama Hat // BB x SS Double Cape Knot Bracelet // Old Navy Beach Bag
What to Pack:
- A comfy beach towel.
- Comfy Sandals (love my gold birks!)
- Sunglasses (a cute case doesn’t hurt.)
- Panama Hat.
- A good book (currently reading this one for book club – obsessed!)
- Magazines (I usually try to bring one “smart” magazine and one “fashion” magazine.
- Green Juice (I have been making my own using Daily Harvest’s yum blends – a little obsessed. I put them in these reusable glass bottles.)
- Sunscreen (love this one.)
- Lip Gloss (not a necessity, but hey – you might see a cute boy.)
photography by Lydia Hudgens.
This post was sponsored by Old Navy. Check out Old Navy‘s latest fashion lineup in store or online at oldnavy.com.
Love this, Grace!! Your smile radiates here, and adore all the great tips. That tunic and that bag are such steals.
Love the heart sunnies!
xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.
Such a cute bag for summer! Love your top too!
Can’t beat the park for some fresh air. I do love that outfit! And that bag is so fun!
So many good books, so little time. Boooo, but I’ll keep this one in mind when I finish my current read “Where She Went.” As for that tote, I fell in love with it the last time I was in Old Navy. Unfortunately, I live nowhere near the water or a park, for that matter, so it wouldn’t get much use, but it’s so stinking cute!
you look gorgeous! I have the same Old Navy bag and love it – so colorful and happy!
The Style Scribe
Love this post!