Growing up on Cape Cod, I spent every single weekend laying in the sun on the beach. Years later, I realize how spoiled I was… that was the life. Now, I make do with the occasional weekend home with my family (this coming weekend!) or trip to the Hamptons. The rest of the time, the park becomes my happy place on the weekend.
This past weekend, I spent a lazy afternoon in Washington Square Park and it was really lovely (except for the rain later in the day.) I wore this little tunic (best deal ever) + my favorite cutoffs and packed my beach bag full of my favorite day-in-the-park necessities.
What to Pack:
- A comfy beach towel.
- Comfy Sandals (love my gold birks!)
- Sunglasses (a cute case doesn’t hurt.)
- Panama Hat.
- A good book (currently reading this one for book club – obsessed!)
- Magazines (I usually try to bring one “smart” magazine and one “fashion” magazine.
- Green Juice (I have been making my own using Daily Harvest’s yum blends – a little obsessed. I put them in these reusable glass bottles.)
- Sunscreen (love this one.)
- Lip Gloss (not a necessity, but hey – you might see a cute boy.)
photography by Lydia Hudgens.