“Another Kaftan!?” …everyone!
“Uh, have you been outside!?” …me.
I have always been a big fan of a kaftan. During my New York – and especially Brooklyn – days, roaming the streets in a colorful kaftan would be… a bit strange. Although no one would bat an eye, the kaftan just wasn’t quite as at home there as it is here in Charleston. My (ample) collection of kaftans was reserved mostly for vacations and the occasional party (if you ask me, no matter where you are, there is nothing more chic than a stylish kaftan, loads of jewelry, and a high heel). Now that I am in Charleston, especially during summer when you don’t want anything touching your body, my kaftan obsession has gone full steam ahead. Today I am rounding up some of my personal favorites.
I’ve broken things down by price point as my own personal style is such a mix of high and low! Happy kaftan-ing!
21 Amazing Kaftans
- Solid KaftanSo many colors!This is just a fun, bright, easy kaftan that comes in a zillion great colors. Plus, you can’t beat the under $30 price!Shop
- White KaftanMy fav, under $30!This was one of my best purchases all summer. It’s so easy and just cute!Shop
- Striped KaftanFrench Girl VibesI absolutely love this simple but elegant kaftan.Shop
- Pocket Kaftancomes in 5 colorsI love this easy breezy kaftan. A great price + comes in so many pretty colors.Shop
- Bold StripesThis Kate Spade kaftan is both classic and FUN. I love the bold cobalt stripes.Shop
- Vintage-inspiredThis looks like something Palm Springs Grandmother had in her closet from the seventies. It’s amazing and such a good price.Shop
Here are some kaftans I also really love priced between $100-$500.
- Embroidered Kaftanon sale!This is so good. Looks like something really special you would buy on vacation.Shop
- Farm Rio MaxiThis is so fun…. rainbow and dramatic, it’s the perfect party kaftan!Shop
- Lace Up KaftanAlmost sold outThis is so chic. I love the ric rac and the lace up details.Shop
- LemLem StripesI love these varying shades of pink and grey.Shop
- Gauze KaftanThis is the perfect breezy coverup. Comes in a pretty pale peach as well.Shop
- Blue & White StripesI love the painterly feel of these stripes… so pretty and easy.Shop
- Greek Key KaftanStunning and a decent price; I love this pattern!Shop
- Farm Rio PalmsI just love all things Farm Rio and this short kaftan is so cute and fun.Shop
- Organic CottonEileen Fisher is just the best. This is your perfect neutral kaftan!Shop
Two brands that I really love are Louisa Parris and La Vie Style House. With both brands, I see their pieces as an investment; something that if I take great care of, I will pass down to my niece someday. Louisa Parris is a newer favorite. She designs everything in London and the silks are printed in Italy and the Netherlands. The dresses and kaftans are then made in London. As a fan of Capote’s Women (such a fantastic read) I was so excited to see that the newer collection is inspired by Marella Agnelli and her incredible style. And no one does 3D lace quite like La Vie Style House and I was so thrilled to see that they’re now carried at Saks.
- Fil de VieWow wow wow this kaftan is beyond. I love that it is equal parts graphic and bohemian.Shop
- Multi-Stripe KaftanThis is my favorite thing I bought all summer. It was a splurge but worth every penny in my book. I’ve worn it to a few different events.Shop
- 3D Lace KaftanLa Vie Stylehouse is my favorite. I have collected three of their 3D lace kaftans and they are incredible. The quality is beyond.Shop
- Mint Green KaftanAnother Louisa Parris favorite. This brand can do no wrong in my eyes!Shop
- Eres KaftanI am really drawn to this; I think because it reminds me so much of a Tom Wesselmann painting.Shop
- Johanna OrtizJohanna Ortiz is one of my favorite designers. Everything she makes is just… incredible. This dress is magical, I love it so much.Shop
Disclosure: If you buy something through my links, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. I only feature things I truly love here. Thanks for your support.
These are beautiful! I have a Sara Joy caftan that I love, and is my go-to gift. It’s a local, zero-waste business. Her stuff is so gorgeous! https://www.shopsarajoy.com/collections/maxi-caftans
Thank you for sharing – beautiful!
I’m curious how you size a caftan? I’ve always been afraid I’d look like I was wearing a nightgown, but maybe I’ll try one.
I take my usual size most of the time. If it looks really big (and some brands just run really big) I will go down a size. It’s meant to be oversized and flowy! High heels will help with looking less nightgown-y!
Okay, that mint green Louisa Paris one is a showstopper on you!! So gorgeous. Thanks for the round-up and all the different price options. I love the glam option for kaftans, but how would you style it for more casual/lounge-y looks? Like, can you wear a kaftan to go grocery shopping and not look like you’ve just escaped a cruise ship?
TBH I would wear cut offs to the grocery store, I can’t see myself rocking a kaftan (more power to you if you can!). But for the beach or the pool I would do a flat sandal and a straw hat. Like the more casual 2 looks in the reel I posted yesterday. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg_60KPgACz/ My favorite way to wear a kaftan is with heels and fun jewelry – otherwise I feel like your body can get a little lost in it. But heels add length and make the kaftan feel dramatic and elegant.
Thanks, Grace! Yes, straw hat and flats to the beach sounds great! And no, pretty sure I just wear vuori shorts to the grocery store now haha
haha 🙂 I was really trying to think of a way to wear it but I think I’d look like a mess!
So fun! I’ve bought several of the Zara dresses you’ve shared recently! This blue & white one is an amazing kaftan/cover-up/dress: https://www.zara.com/us/en/printed-midi-dress-p04437256.html
I love that one!
That mint green is beautiful on you! Do you have a link to your earrings?
Yes! They are Irene Neuwirth – https://bit.ly/3OPasXx
A splurge for sure, if you are looking for something similar but less $$, these are fun! https://bit.ly/3SFpDWu