Happy Friday! This week was SO MUCH BETTER!!! There were two minor setbacks. 1) I missed a class at Equinox while I was sick, which was my “third strike,” so I was locked out of the booking system. (They have a strict 3 strike rule and will lock you out of the system for 30 days if you miss 3 classes.) I felt like such an idiot. I emailed the group fitness manager and she nicely let me back in. At the same time, my Aaptiv app was broken, so I had to do regular old treadmill workouts. I tried to replicate their workouts on my own but it wasn’t the same. Luckily both things are now fixed and I’m back on track. I got in three great runs and three yoga classes. The BEST.
We’re six weeks in and I feel a noticeable difference in how my body looks. There’s a pair of high-waisted non-stretchy jeans that used to give me a stomachache – and now they are loose + comfy! Such a good feeling. PS – If you missed Krista’s guest post about body confidence and self-love, definitely give it a read. It’s a must!!!
Friday – Still sick – took it easy.
Saturday – 25 minute treadmill run + stretch.
Sunday – Sky Ting Yoga Class
Monday – 25 minute treadmill run + stretch.
Tuesday – Y7 Yoga Class. I LOVE their classes as the room is hot so I get in a good sweat. This is probably the hardest yoga class I take and it’s always such a challenge for me.
Wednesday – 25 minute treadmill run (Just Push It on Aaptiv) + stretch (Lower Body Lengthen).
Thursday – Y7 Yoga Class. So hard. I’ve talked a little bit about my frustration with not sweating when I exercise and this always does the job… hot yoga in a dark room with great music? It’s the best.
Meditation, Protein Packed Breakfasts: For breakfast this week, I made these pumpkin pie overnight oats. They’re seriously delicious!!!! I meditated every night before bed and also took a 30 minute intention setting meditation class at MNDFL on Monday morning. It was a really nice way to start out the week.
Trying Something New: My something new this week was going to Premier57 on Saturday with my girlfriends. It was really, really cool and a fun way to unwind. There are several different pools and sauna rooms (and a salt cave!) I can’t recommend it enough, especially with a group of friends.
This week’s healthy links!
- I made these pumpkin pie overnight oats as my breakfast this week and they are SO GOOD.
- My meditation studio serves this ginger + turmeric tea and I’ve gotten obsessed – I got some for home and love it!
- I also made this slow cooker beef stew and had it for dinner every night this week – so yummy!
- My favorite detox baths.
- My favorite natural deodorant.
- A simple trick to reset your body when you’re feeling fatigued.
- Yum – these soup recipes sound so good!
This week’s challenge!
- Get to the gym five times between now and Friday’s check-in. This is going to be our ongoing goal; 5 workouts a week. We can do it!!!
- Try something new (this is going to be an ongoing thing!) It can be a new class, a new wellness treatment, a new face mask… even a new recipe! Don’t stress, this one is meant to be fun.
- Meditate every day, eat a protein packed breakfast, and add to your gratitude jar.
- This is optional BUT if you are a night person, try working out in the morning all week. I switched to morning workouts this week and feel so much more productive. My personal goal is to do all morning workouts next week except Monday which is a travel day… I’ll do yoga when I get home.
photography by Trent Bailey.