One of my favorite parts of my job (far and away) is all of the beauty samples I get to test and try for the blog. If you’ve been reading here long, you know that I take the testing process very seriously. Anything featured here is tried + tested for at least two weeks, and I really pride myself on providing you with quality beauty recommendations. In life I am like that as well… I’m the girl that all my friends go to for beauty product recommendations – especially when it comes to skincare.
Travel is one of the times I love to do my testing the most. When packing for a trip I will pack my usual favorites, but also sample sizes of new things I’ve been wanting to test. This might sound a little nerdy but it’s exciting to come home at the end of a day of sight-seeing to have something new to play with, product-wise.
When QVC reached out to see if I’d like to review their new TILI box, I knew it would be the perfect thing to pack for my Europe trip. TILI stands for Try It, Love It. The box features eight products (including 3 full sized products) and retails for $22 + $3 shipping. Every quarter, they launch a different box. It isn’t a subscription box, but rather, a fun new way to discover all of the amazing new beauty brands carried at QVC. (It also makes for a great gift.) Out of all the sample boxes out there I would say this is the best one I’ve tried. You get a lot for the price, and it’s all stuff you actually want!
Keep reading to see what was included. My friend Aly took these photos of me in our hotel and we both enjoyed getting to test these products while we were in London!
- WEN Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner – I loved how soft this left my hair! It got it really clean (with no flatness) but left my naturally wavy hair soft and smooth. I ended up wearing my hair natural (as pictured) the entire trip as I was happy how it looked on its own (not usually the case – I usually go over it with my curling iron or flat iron). It also smells really, really good.
- Laura Gellar Spackle Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Primer – I’m so glad that this was included as my SPF had run out – this primer is perfection! It left my skin feeling velvety and smooth… I stuck to using this + a little bronzer while on the trip.
- It Cosmetics CC Cream – I lucked out as this one was in my exact skin color. It was the perfect amount of foundation for my trip. The formula sinks in immediately, disguising any redness and blemishes without looking like makeup. I am going to buy the full size of this one!
- philosophy Purity Cleanser is another old favorite! It’s just a really nice basic face wash. Gets skin clean without any stripping or irritation… leave it soft, etc etc. I was excited to see philosophy included in the mix as it’s one of my favorite brands.
- ELEMIS Pro Collagen Marine Cream – You may remember from this post but this cream was already a FAVORITE. It leaves my skin so soft and happy and does a really great job hydrating. I did a longer review of the product in that post, but it’s become one of my favorite moisturizers so I was happy to have it with me on the trip!
- NudeStix Lip/Cheek pencil – A really pretty, wearable nude lip color. I’m wearing it in the photos here. It’s like my own lip color but a little bit better, which is what I want when I’m looking for an everyday lipstick.
- Julep When Pencil Meets Gel is what I’m talking about when I say the box contains stuff you actually want. A full sized gel eyeliner in a color you want/need (black)? Yes, please! I love this eyeliner – it stays on all day and the gel formula is easy to apply if you are eyeliner challenged like myself. Gel liners are the closest thing to liquid liner that I can actually handle.
- BareMinerals Bare Haven Moisturizer is a great everyday moisturizer especially if you have dry skin. It’s rich and creamy – I used it as a night cream on my trip.
Created in partnership with QVC + ShopStyle. I have been compensated by QVC for my participation. All opinions expressed are my own.
Photography by Aly Harte.