If you know me well, then you know I’m a big fan of Campari. I never met a Negroni I didn’t love, and this summer I posted a (very boozy) recipe… The Royal Promise. Every year, for the past 17 years, Campari unveils a new calendar. They only print 9,999 copies, and you can’t actually purchase it – you have to be lucky enough to be given one. It helps the brand to tell their story. This year, Kate Hudson was the star of the calendar, which was inspired by the US Presidential Election. Last week, I got a chance to spend the day with the brand. I attended a press conference to announce the calendar, interview Kate, and attend a celebration that evening at The Boom Boom Room in The Standard Hotel.
Of course, that evening’s cocktail of choice was the Campari Orange. I was hooked. Lucky for us, it’s super easy… all you need are two things… fresh orange juice, and Campari!
Be sure to read through to the end… I was lucky enough to sit down with Kate and find out her hostessing must-haves!
- One Part Campari
- Three parts Orange Juice (I like to make fresh squeezed orange juice using my citrus juicer as I’m a little bit crazy, but any OJ will do.)
- Ice (I love using the Neat Ice Kit to make giant ice cubes!)
Pour one part Campari over ice…
And add three parts fresh orange juice. You’re literally done!
Sip and enjoy.
I sat down with Kate to ask her her must-have hostessing essentials and here is what she said (I loved her answers and kind of wish we could be best friends!)
- A signature cocktail (duh), something fun for everyone to try.
- Flowers – they’re an easy way to make it look like you tried. As Kate said when we chatted… you could be using plasticware, but the flowers will fancy things up.
- No rules. Kate stressed that when she entertians, anything goes. She wants people to feel like there are no limits or judging… you could be a a smoker, or wobbly from too many cocktails… no one will care!
- Always something sweet.
- A great playlist
- Coffee at the end of the night.
In partnership with Campari.