Today is MOVING DAY but also… the most wonderful time of the year, my favorite time to shop, and most importantly… the best best best time to stock up on all of your beauty favorites… the Sephora Sale.
Today I am sharing what I am buying, a BIG master list of all my Sephora favorites, and more! In my experience, the good stuff seems to sell out quickly (cough, cough, Dr. Bader) and isn’t always replenished by the end of the sale so I recommend shopping today if you are able to. I feel very fortunate to have Rouge status and always make a point to shop early, on the first day.
SEPHORA Holiday SAVINGS EVENT 2022!
THE EVENT WILL RUN FROM 10/28 through 11/6. If you have Rouge status, you can shop today, saving 20%. Use code SAVINGS.
My Shopping List for Today:
A refill of the Dr. Bader soothing cream. I just finished my jar and want more. I really love this – I wrote a longer post about it, but it’s very calming and also great when I want hydration but a more matte finish (the Rich Cream gives a more dewy finsih!). But also, a bottle of the regular old Dr. Bader Rich Cream which you know is my FAV. (This set is a very good deal, if it hasn’t already sold out – I always try to get a set and then stack it with the sale).
More of the Clarins Depuffing Mask. This always sells out. To say that it works is an understatement. It is truly one of the best products I’ve ever tried, nothing is better for getting rid of a puffy face! Also on the masks front: another jar of the Tata mask… I’m getting dangerously low!
Another tube of this crazy face scrub (more on that below!)
This gel to use with my NuFace.
My favorite Maison Louis Marie Candles (I always order 3 or 4 during this sale, they smell incredible (pretty much just like Le Labo’s Santal 26, but at a fraction of the price). Lord Jones Lavender CBD bath salts. These are just so luxe. I love them. As a sidebar – if you are doing your holiday shopping, either of these items make amazing gifts!
Necessaire Body Lotion, Deodorant, and Body Wash (Eucalyptus). My favorites. I go through the lotion and body wash like water so always stock up during this sale!
Another jar of the Brazilian Bum Bum Cream. My boyfriend is obsessed with the fragrance of this one. When I wear it (and the body spray!), people will actually stop me to ask what perfume I am wearing.
PS – If you shop the sale, tag me in your stories! I want to see what you get!
- Depuffing MaskThis is just the best. Nothing is better after too much sodium or alcohol. It really REALLY works and I am grateful for it!Shop
- Lavender CBD BathThe best bath salts — and you know I love my baths. The CBD helps relieve sore muscles and the lavender smells so real, like you are in a lavender field.Shop
- The Rich CreamMy holy grailYou know this is my holy grail, desert island beauty product. Nothing is better!!!Shop
- Bader Soothing CreamRich and hydrating, and I love that it has a more matte finish.Shop
- Best CandleI love this candle so much. It is just heavenly, and not a terrible price to begin with. I buy four of them every Sephora sale.Shop
- Bum Bum CreamPronounced “boom boom,” the scent is actual heaven. Salted caramel and pistachio. There’s nothing else like it!Shop
A few new additions to my favorites list…
I just started using the new RMS foundation for when I want just a bit more coverage than usual and it is FABULOUS. I got shade matched by a pro at an event and my color is 22. It’s perfect. I wear this on shoot day and for events. Love it so much.
THE scrub. This scrub is nuts! It really works — a combination of physical and chemical exfoliants. While it’s gentle, the crazy thing is that you can actually feel dead skin pilling and rubbing off. Kind of like Elmer’s Glue.
The Paula’s Choice brightening eye cream. This is my morning eye cream – it really brightens up the undereye area and plays well with concealer.
- RMS FoundationFor more coverageUsually I’m a tinted moisturizer/Jones Road kind of gal but if I have an event or a shoot, I reach for this. It’s natural looking but higher coverage. My shade is 22.Shop
- Crazy Face ScrubIt’s bonkers.You can actually feel the dead skin pilling off of your skin and rubbing off. It’s amazing. One of my favorite new products from this year.Shop
- Brightening Eye CreamBest brightenerI still love the Strivectin eye cream at night but for day, this realllllly brightens up the undereye area. I’m so impressed by it!Shop
For long lashes!
I always get a lot of eyelash questions in my DMs. I used Grande Lash every day for a year (starting last August) and it made a huuuuge difference in my lashes. You can read my full review of the product with before/after photos, but they got so much longer! Recently (really just out of curiosity), I switched to the Augustinus Bader lash and brow serum. I’m happy to report that I have seen no difference or lash fallout upon making the switch. I will do a longer review of this product eventually but wanted to share that here while the sale is going on!
It’s because I have been using Grande Lash every day since August and my lashes have gotten so, so much longer. (I also keep the mini in my travel bag so I never forget it – you really do need to use it every day or at least every other day). For mascara, I would say that I’m torn between the Hourglass and the Giorgio Armani one. Both are great. The Hourglass is a tubing mascara and does not budge, but the Armani gives you really fluffy, feathery lashes which I also love!
Pampering At Home!
This facial steamer is everything when it comes to creating an at home “spa experience.” It also ALWAYS sells out during this sale. I bought it for myself at the beginning of quarantine and it’s been such a treat. I like to wash my face and then use this before a deep cleansing mask to really let the treatment penetrate. This would be a GREAT gift.
The Wander Beauty gold eye gel masks are my favorite when I’m getting ready. (Also, a great gift!)
Clarins Depuffing Mask. I touched on this above but holy cow, this is amazing. I had seen a lot of other influencers rave and rave about it and they were not kidding. This really, really works. If you laid into the sodium the night before, if you have a big event, or if you are just feeling like your face is looking puffy, this mask will really help – especially around the jawline and under the eyes. I have been doing it before my photo shoots and notice a big difference.
If I could only pick one favorite face mask it would be this one from Tata Harper. It’s truly the best and leaves your skin SO glowy.
Dry brushing is one of the best things you can do for your skin and circulation (for a nice how-to, refer to this post!). This brush is amazing!
For a nice take on a micro-current facial at home (my personal favorite when getting a facial), the NuFace is KING! You need to do it every day to see a difference but for a lifted look, nothing is better. I also always stock up on the priming gel during this sale. This year I am trying out this one!
- Resurfacing MaskThere are so many great resurfacing masks out there but this is my personal favorite – it just works so well.. smoothing, tightening, and brightening!Shop
- Facial SteamerThis is the best. It feels amazing and does such a good job opening up your pores for a deep cleanse.Shop
- Gold Eye MasksThese are so great before a big event or on an airplane. And they’re pretty, too! They’re one of my favorite gifts to give.Shop
For retinol, I have been really into the Peter Thomas Roth retinoid. It’s amazing for fighting off dullness and fine lines.
Strivectin is one of those brands that just really, really works. Science-based formulas with products designed for specific concerns. I have some deep lines in my neck and have been using their neck roller – I like the way that it firms and lifts the skin… though it’s temporary, it’s noticeable! I love the neck cream too – it has immediate tightening benefits. And you know my number one Strivectin FAV: the eye cream… I’ve talked about it a lot here but it’s one of the best I have tried! I use this every night.
My holy grail Tata Harper mask. It’s a powerful exfoliant and gets the skin super smooth but also leaves it noticeably brighter, glowy, and firm!
I always forget about this line reducing concentrate from Kiehl’s but it’s one of my FAVORITE products. It really makes a difference in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, especially on your forehead.
This face cream from Sobel Skin is what I always recommend to someone who wants a Bader-ish cream without the Bader-ish price. WOW. It’s so good. If you have very dry skin and need a really rich moisturizer, it’s excellent. I love that it also lifts and firms the skin. It’s a new favorite. I also really love their 30% glycolic peel. You will wake up with brighter, tighter looking skin the next day. It’s comparable with a dermatologist peel.
- Best Eye CreamThis is my night time eye cream (I use Paula’s Choice in the morning). Really effective for fine lines, puffiness, etc.Shop
- Fav RetinoidThis is strong but suuuuuper effective. It’s amazing for dullness (short term) and fighting off fine lines (long term). I use 2x a week.Shop
- Bader AlternativeI obviously LOVE Augustinus Bader but it’s expensive. This is the next best thing. The same rich creamy texture + lifted look. This is really good.Shop
- 30% Glycolic PeelBananas!This is SO effective. Like you wake up looking brand new. I can’t get over how well it works in just one night. It’s definitely quite active and makes skin tingle a lot.Shop
- Neck RollerA newer favThis is a newer fav from Strivectin, I love it so much. I like to use it in bed or while watching TV to (hopefully) roll my neck lines away!Shop
- Line Reducing ConcentrateThis really makes a difference in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, especially on your forehead.Shop
Two favorite brands!
You know I love Biossance!
I will warn you that the Biossance sale is coming in November and the sale is 25% off (higher savings!) but wanted to share my picks anyway. I feel like I beat you over the head with this brand but I can’t help it, their products are amazing. In fact, I absolutely love their lactic acid. It’s become a holy grail for me as it makes SUCH a difference in your skin in just a night. Also, this Vitamin C Serum – leaves skin so bright and GLOWY and has really helped to even out my skin tone. Lastly, their newish plumping + hydrating serum and their toner (my favorite toner). Everything this brand makes is amazing (well in full honesty I don’t love the eye gel but the eye cream is great – thick and hydrating!). Oh and the body cream SO GOOD and only $28… before the sale!
Farmacy is my other fav for clean beauty favorite.
Their cleansing balm is one of my absolute favorite cleansers. I’ve tried so many cleansers (many of them being so much more expensive!!) but always come back to this – it takes off all my makeup while leaving the skin so soft. I am also a big fan of this ultra gentle (honey scented) gel cleanser.
- Lactic AcidHoly grail!This is one of my desert island beauty products. The best. Gets skin smoother and glowy in just a night. I try to use this 3-4x a week.Shop
- Cleansing BalmThis is one of my favorites. It takes off all your makeup without stripping the skin. It’s a fantastic cleanser. It also rinses clean, no oily residue.Shop
- Favorite TonerThis is my favorite toner. I like that it has acids to exfoliate but isn’t at all stripping, thanks to the squalane. The last step in my cleansing routine!Shop
- Eye CreamOne of my favorite eye creams. The best part about this one (besides it being clean) is the noticeable lifting effect.Shop
- Plumping SerumThis is a great shot of hydration but also… instant plumping! I love the noticeable (albeit temporary) plumping / tightening effect.Shop
- Gentle MoisturizerWhenever my skin is acting up, I cut out actives for a few days and just use this. It’s super thick and hydrating, and extremely gentle.Shop
For everyday, the Rose Inc Skin Tint is everything. Glowy radiance and just a little bit of coverage. It is kind of like a pre-mixed version of what I was trying to make, mixing face oil, a few drops of foundation, a drop of highlighter in the palm of my hand. This has it all. I do two pumps on the back of my hand, (mix it up with a foundation brush and brush all over my skin for glowy, radiant, minimal (yet effective) coverage. Shade 5 seems to be my perfect shade. I also really love Rose Inc’s brow gel!
My absolute favorite blush – in Petal!
Saie Beauty makes so many of my absolute favorites. The Glowy Super Gel is one of my absolute favorite products – I like to apply it all over my face for that no makeup makeup GLOW. I am also VERY into their cream bronzer; my favorite bronzer – I recommend grabbing the brush too, it makes a difference.
Bobbi Brown Shadow Sticks forever and ever (I did a tutorial in my reels). My favorite colors are golden pink and golden bronze. This set would be great too – only $30 before the sale!
Glowscreen! Is it makeup? Is it skincare? It’s kind of both but I love it so much and wear it nearly every day.
Ilia is definitely another big favorite brand. A few standouts are this eye palette (in warm) – I apply with a wet brush and the finish is perfection), their mascara, these sticks (in “in the mood”), this highlighter (in starstruck), and their eyeliner (best gel eyeliner!)
The BeautyBlender. I’d be lost without mine. I use it for everything from blending my foundation and highlighter to fixing eye makeup mistakes.
The KOSAS lipstick in Rosewater. This is one of my absolute favorite everyday products. It is the color of my lips but just a little better.
I am pretty much all Briogeo these days. The scalp scrub is heavenly. I have talked about it at length but it’s just the best. Smells so good (like a Thin Mint Girl Scout cookie!), feels so good, and gets your scalp ultra clean. I love the newer anti-dandruff shampoo. My everyday shampoo and conditioner are from the Don’t Despair Repair line… they leave my hair soft and silky and frizz free. And this treatment mask is fantastic when my hair is feeling dry and needs a little extra hydrating love.
The Dyson Airwrap, of course! This is the absolute best ever. It’s made blowing out my hair so much easier. I have tutorials in my reels for both longer and shorter hair. A true game changer. I like it so much that I gave my blow dryer to my cousin.
- Anti-Dandruff ShampooFor a dry scalp, nothing is better. This gets rid of flakes, smells great, and doesn’t dry out your hair the way some dandruff shampoos can.Shop
- Dyson AirwrapThe very best. I got rid of my blow dryer and this is all I use now. It’s expensive and there’s a learning curve but if you have thick coarse hair, it’s great!Shop
- Scalp ScrubThis is the best. It gets your scalp super clean, it smells like a Thin Mint Cookie, it feels great… it’s just a wonderful product.Shop
You know how much I love Necessaire. They’re pretty much my go-to body brand. The Eucalyptus Body Wash, the Body Lotion, and the Acid Deodorant are everyday favorites. I love their scrub too.
I am not monogamous with my body creams but my absolute favorite body lotion (if forced to pick) is this one from Sol de Janeiro. It smells like salted caramel, and it does a great job firming and toning the skin.
Also on the body creams front, this one from Biossance is very very good, especially if you are looking for something firming. (What can I say, I have a lot of body creams!)
I need to talk more about Necessaire’s newest deodorant because I love it so much. I like it a lot more than their other deodorant (which was creamier, but messier). This glides right on, feels like nothing (makes no mess – it’s totally clear) and WORKS… all day. It’s currently my favorite deodorant. Acid deodorants are no joke (I will say this is fine for sensitive skin, despite being an acid – besides the acids it has ingredients that soothe and moisturize).
- Eucalyptus Body WashOne of my all time favs. Smells SO good, like the spa!Shop
- Acid DeodorantThe BEST!This is my favorite deodorant. I love the Eucalyptus scent and it is really, really effective without being irritating.Shop
- Body LotionMy skin just loves this. It sinks right in, it’s extremely hydrating, and it smells like nothing which is nice if you are wearing fragrance.Shop
Love checking out your recs! That Kosas lipstick in Rosewater is my “decide once” lipstick- it looks great and wears really well. I’m hoping to grab a refill of the Laneige lip mask and perhaps some Nudestix shadow sticks.
It’s such a good color! Tell me more about the Nudestix – I’ve never tried!
Thank you for all the great recs, Grace, and good luck with the move today. I use the strivectin eye at night and biossance during the day, and I love how brightening the biossance is. How would you say the biossance and Paula’s Choice eye cream compare? Thanks again!
So, I would say that the Biossance is more hydrating, whereas the Paula’s choice is more of a gel formula. But the Paula’s Choice is far and away the best I’ve tried for brightening!!!! If you are happy with the Biossance I would stay stick with that, but the Paula’s Choice is really great if you have bad dark circles (I do!) Hope that helps.
Shopped the sale first thing this morning! Biossance Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum, Biossance Squalane + 10% Lactic Acid Resurfacing Night Serum, stock up on my fave Belif Moisturizing Bomb, a new Ilia Limitless Mascara, new Charlotte Tilbury pressed powder and new CT bronzer, new Smashbox foundation, and nabbed a Rare Beauty liquid blush for my sister.
I wanted to try the Paulas Choice eye cream & Clairins depuffing mask but my cart total was already a little high for my liking, haha. Happy Sephora Sale to all who celebrate!
That is a great cart!!!! Thanks for sharing – I nerd out over other people’s purchases!
Good luck today. An old custom for good luck for generations of my ancestors was to bring a can of , I think Kosher salt and a loaf of bread into a new house . It seems it’s a very common good luck wish to bless the home . I’m not religious, but I always did it . Maybe someone can grab you those ……if you like. At worst the bread can be for your olive oil…..xo
I love that, thank you!
Thank you so much Grace! Each Sephora sale, I get my basket ready and place my order, then I pop over here to see your latest recs and see if I need to add anything else! And there are a few things here I need to check out…
I stocked up on some of my usuals – Bader (btw if you spend I think $200 you get a free Bader gift set! Stacked with the sale it’s such good deal!), Olaplex, Necessaire body wash in Eucalyptus (they now have a value size that is a great deal with the sale discount!), Clarins Lotus oil, Rose Inc toner ( I am a convert to this toner after reading your review!).
I also grabbed some Armani Luminous foundation but may need try try your foundation rec here and see which works better – I was a devotee of the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation but it has been discontinued and I just haven’t found anything else that works nearly as well with my skin. I love the scent of MLM candles but am trying to only buy ones that burn a little bit cleaner without any paraffin wax and grabbed one from Boy Smells.
Since I love the Rose inc toner so much I think I have to try their brow gel you recommended, along with the Clarins de-puffing mask.
Thank you grace! I always love reading your beauty recs and Sephora buys. Thank you for all of the details you provide and your honest reviews!
Oh! Also have you tried the OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Barrier Booster Orange Ferment Vitamin C Essence? Was curious about that one. Thank you!
I haven’t tried that yet but I do love OLEHENRIKSEN!
Thank you so much for sharing! I was so excited to see the Bader gift when I placed my order this morning – what a fun treat! Will be perfect for travel.
This is incredible, thank you Grace! wanted to share the Biossance hand cream is amazing. I literally stock up every purchased. Not sold at Sephora but for your F&F!
So good to know, thank you!
The robe (caftan?) you’re wearing is beautiful. Could you drop a link or designer info?
Hi! It’s from Kilo Brava but I bought it a little over a year ago!
Great list as always, Grace! Definitely stocking up on Bader and Supergoop!
Any recommendations for men by any chance? My husband recently told me that he is ready for a skincare routine a la Brad Pitt (lol) – “I do my serum, my face cream and I’m done, out of the door” He likes sobel sx face cream (not ready to share Bader with him yet!) – any thoughts on well-rounded serums for men?
I don’t really have any good guy recs. Most men seem to really love Kiehl’s!