Happy Cinco de Mayo! As promised, I’m back with a little cocktail recipe for you. Last Friday, one of my friends and I took a Britney Spears Soul Cycle class and wound up over at Cafe El Presidente in Flatiron (NYC friends – you have to go, if you haven’t been… it’s from the same people that brought us Tacombi and the tacos are SO good!) I wanted something a little more refreshing, so instead of a margarita, I opted for a Paloma. A Paloma is basically a grapefruit/tequila soda, and it’s SO good. Naturally, I thought it would make the perfect Cinco de Mayo recipe (after all, I already taught you how to make my favorite margarita…)
Read on for a very easy recipe. My only warning… these go down a little too smoothly… proceed with caution! 😉
- Grapefruit Juice
- Club Soda
- Rose’s Lime Juice
- Using your lime, wet the rim of your glass and rim it in salt.
- Add a few ice cubes.
- Pour in 1.5 ounces of Tequila.
- Add 4 ounces of Grapefruit Juice
- Add a splash of Lime Juice.
- Fill the rest of the cup with Club Soda
- Garnish with a wedge of lime.